Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Are you seeking a position with an organization poised to make even a greater impact on Kansas City? If you are interested in ending homelessness in Kansas City for this generation and the next, then Community LINC is the place for you.
Who we are:
For over 30 years, Community LINC has been a game-changer in serving and housing the most vulnerable families in our community. As such, we have demonstrated innovation by creating new housing programs that increased our capacity to serve more families; strengthened our programming to ensure that we are ending homelessness for this generation and the next; and transformed our service delivery model to one that has a broader community focus. We attract talented professionals through competitive salaries, excellent benefits, generous PTO, and by fully embracing the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, we are now accepting applications for an Development Associate.
Community LINC staff share a common competency framework which guides our approach to services, informs our practices, and creates our values of trust, integrity, transparency and mutual respect. Our goal is to drive communal change from homelessness to homefullness through innovation, creativity, strategic thinking, and flexibility. We are a team of like-minded fun loving individuals who truly believe that together we can create a home, a place, a community for everyone.
Who we are seeking:
The Development Associate is a pivotal position within Community LINC responsible for supporting the planning, coordination and implementation of the fundraising goals for the organization. The responsibilities include but are not limited to donor and sponsorship research, solicitation to both individuals and corporations, as well as the planning, coordinating and executing the varied annual events to include the Rent Party, Light the Way Home Breakfast, CEO Fireside Chats, the United Way Campaign and other small agency events. Additionally, this position is responsible for managing donor specific communications and deadlines as well as participating in other marketing functions underscoring the need for detail/oriented and project management skill sets.
1. Event Management
- Provide leadership, professional expertise, and direction in the planning and execution of high-quality events and functions.
- Research and secure new sponsorship opportunities.
- Maintain current event sponsors.
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning and execution of events for donor cultivation, stewardship, reporting and recognition.
- Collaborate with Development colleagues in order to maximize potential and meet event goals and objectives.
- Develop and/or maintain highly professional standards and procedures for production of events in keeping with the image and reputation of Community LINC.
- Create and manage yearly event budget and keep cost under 25%
- Solicit as much in-kind materials and donations as possible to reduce event cost.
- Prepare pre- and post-event calls, analysis, assessments as well as provide recommendations for overall improvements to internal and external constituencies. The expectations include the implementation of those improvements as appropriate.
- Prepare post-event analysis and report, for future improvements.
- Oversee invitations, program development and make recommendations on program content and organization, and/or facilitate coordination and of speakers/presenters, develop program agendas, determine order of speakers, etc.
- In partnership with key staff, develop and/or ensure utilization of standardized systems and technology to automate elements of event planning, tracking, and production whenever possible.
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency in event software programs.
- Act as the event liaison for any event contractors.
2. Donor Development and Retention:
- Manage communication timelines and the execution of direct mail and other donor related correspondence
- Measure and analyze the success of direct mail
- Assure all communications reflect Community LINC’s brand, desired image and position as well as assure the organization’s image is maintained throughout all settings and with to all constituencies.
- Conduct Donor Profiles as Requested
3. Corporate and Civic Fundraising:
- Identify and cultivate Corporate and Civic Funding Sources for grants or sponsorships.
4. Financial and Facility:
- Maintain sound financial practices, assist the Director of Development in the development of the annual event budget, and operate within budget guidelines
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999