Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Development Associate is a key member of the administrative team, focusing on fundraising and external relations. They help promote the mission of the agency through relationship building and donor cultivation.
- Education and Experience Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least three years of experience in a professional, preferably non-profit, environment required.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people and attitudes, possess a personal belief that others can be successful.
- Training and/or experience in fund development and/or experience in the Kansas City philanthropic community.
- Proficient in a Donor database system, Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint), program management software and comfortable using the internet.
- Enthusiasm for face-to-face and telephone fundraising and be driven to motivate others, achieve goals and get results.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; detail focused; demonstrated record of meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work creatively and effectively with a wide variety of people and interest groups, and network successfully.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively represent the organization when speaking with funders, volunteers and the general public.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, online fundraising, nonprofit advocacy, membership cultivation and marketing is a plus
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity with internal and external audiences.
- Manage donor administration activities, including drafting donor reports, donor database entry, updates, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials
- Generate reports and update for donor giving capacity (current and new)
- Generate reports for donor activity and prospect
- Support fundraising activities targeting new gifts and maintaining/cultivating existing donors at the level of $250 and under
- Work with team to develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow donor base
- Implement and monitor metrics and analysis of fundraising and constituent mobilization campaigns (i.e.-monthly, Year End Appeal, online…) Event Management:Coordinate event logistics and manage tracking system in regards to Global Table:venue, vendors, invitations, program development and make recommendations on program content and organization, and/or facilitate coordination of speakers/presenters, develop program agendas, check in structure, auction and other areas
- Provide leadership, professional expertise, and direction in the planning and execution of high-quality agency events
- Research and secure new sponsorship opportunities
- Assist in maintaining current event sponsors
- Collaborate with Leadership team to maximize potential and meet event goals and objectives.
- Develop and/or maintain highly professional standards and procedures for production of events in keeping with the image and reputation of JVS
- Manage and prepare pre- and post-event calls for sponsorship and donations
- Prepare post-event analysis and report, including recommendations for future improvements
- Manage fulfillment of event pledges
- In partnership with key staff, develop and/or ensure utilization of technology to automate elements of event planning, tracking, and production
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency in event structure through software programs or establish DIY system
- Manage and coordinate Young Professionals Board calendar of fundraising events Marketing Support:
- Provide design support for donor newsletters, flyers and print materials
Job Type: Full Time