Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development & Community Relations Director
Growing Futures is currently hiring a Development & Community Relations Director to join our team! If you are passionate about nurturing children and strengthening families to enrich our community, we would love to talk to you!
We offer Early Head Start, Head Start, and Community Child Care options for children 0-5 and their families. We provide much more than early childhood education. We focus on the whole family - providing services for health, nutrition, social services, mental health, and opportunities for parent education and involvement.
The Development Director serves on the senior management team to provide leadership in fund development activities to meet the program’s objectives and strategic initiatives. You will provide leadership and oversight of a diversified fundraising program including an annual giving program, planned giving, corporate giving, special events, and in-kind contributions. You will be responsible for securing financial support for the organization while ensuring all development activities are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, and values. The development director will oversee the volunteer & development associate and grants manager.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent the Executive Director to the Kansas City philanthropic community as needed.
- Plan, direct, and implement a comprehensive development plan that generates individual, corporate, government, foundation, and organizational donations at a variety of levels.
- Responsible for planning and executing all Growing Futures Early Education Center special events.
- Coordinate up-to-date mailing lists and donor database, ensuring donations are recorded and acknowledgments are sent within 48 hours of receipt the majority of the time.
- Attend and participate in networking opportunities to further community awareness and build relationships.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan for the agency and manage all external communications, including social media.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous PTO Plan with a paid winter beak and paid spring break
- Paid holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Professional Development
What do we look for?
- Bachelor's degree in English, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or another related field.
- Prior experience in a fundraising capacity with a proven history of direct solicitation.
- Experience in the areas of planned giving, major donor development, and annual fundraising.
- Excellent research skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising databases with the capability to design and provide dashboard reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate a persuasive and compelling case verbally and in writing; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
Learn more about us at www.growingfutureseec.org
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Job Type: Full Time