Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Great Plains SPCA is looking to hire a Development Coordinator to join the team at the Merriam, Kansas location. Great Plains SPCA is one of the largest shelters in the Kansas City metro area. We provided quality shelter care for nearly 4,000 animals yearly. We provide daily care, medical care, and enrichment for our shelter animals. We provide foster and forever home placements, pet behavior training services, and HERO Community Outreach.
This full-time Development Coordinator position is responsible for supporting all development activities and strategies to achieve the organization’s annual revenue goals.
- Work closely with the Development Team on development strategies and providing support.
- Assist with the implementation of the Development Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals.
- Coordinate community fundraising and in-kind donation inquiries and processes, including acting as the liaison between program and donors to communicate in-kind needs.
- Work closely with the Marketing coordinator to leverage the power of social media, internet presence, printed materials, and technology use to cross promote agency messaging.
- Analyze development progress to make adjustments and improvements to initiatives and processes.
- Manage online donation forms and process credit card gifts.
- Work closely with the Event Manager to manage the event software/platform including ticketing and donations.
- Effectively utilize the donor tracking database to provide data to drive strategic decision making.
- Ensure all donors are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Provide suggestions for improvement and learning new skills, procedures, and processes.
- Competencies –Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Integrity, Flexibility, Resilience.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver; flexible and adaptable to change.
- Willingness to positively support a fast paced organizatio while meeting quick turnaround expectations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, positively and professionally with staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Must be comfortable working in an animal shelter around cats, dogs, rabbits and other animals on a daily basis.
- Some travel required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of related/relevant development experience.
- Experience in animal shelter and/or nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database management a must.
- Must be comfortable working around all types of pets including dogs, cats etc.
- Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Employee is required to sit at a desk and work at computer for long periods of time.
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
- Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, dangerous and fractious animals, and high noise levels.
- Work schedule and hours may vary; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Schedule Mon – Fri, nights and weekends possible depending on events.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.