Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Development Coordinator supports a dedicated development team. Under the direction of the Director of Development and Community Relations, the Development Coordinator will coordinate, implement, and expand all aspects of Union Station Kansas City’s fundraising, volunteer and in-kind donation activities, events, projects, and tasks. Responsibilities include coordinating grant submissions and reports; managing donor database; conducting prospect research (corporate, foundation and individual); assisting with donor cultivation; and assisting with donor stewardship, annual appeals, and fundraising events, as well a strong volunteer program.
- Provide support for Director of Development and Community Relations, Donor and Corporate Relations Manager and volunteer program.
- Understand Union Station’s programs, activities, operations, policies, and procedures to perform all duties and achieve goals and objectives.
- Assist with public and private grant requests and reporting as necessary – compile necessary materials, write narratives, prepare grant proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, and other materials.
- Maintain master grant calendar of upcoming application and reporting deadlines and ensure timely submissions.
- Enter all donations and prepare gift acknowledgement letters and other correspondences.
- Research corporations and foundations and identify local businesses for charitable giving potential.
- Prepare donor prospect profiles and background materials as needed
- Maintain database of all donors, prospects, volunteers, and grant funders.
- Maintain an annual organizational calendar of donor stewardship activities and strategies that advance Union Station donors and communicate deadlines with team
- Assist with corporate sponsorship sales efforts and fulfillment of sponsorship agreements.
- With the Development Team, establish and maintain partnerships with community organizations and businesses to support our mission.
- Procure and maintain mailing and invite lists.
- Create content, write, and edit external communications for social media, newsletters, solicitation letters, Union Station’s website, and other pieces as needed.
- Assist volunteer program with planning and coordinating volunteer assignments. This includes scheduling volunteers, planning, and assisting with special projects, assisting in managing a large volunteer staff, along with maintaining a volunteer database.
- Assist with coverage of reception desk when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned that may not be within the scope of this position.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Possesses a process efficiency approach to drive improved data capture and database management for overall development objectives.
- Experience with Donor Perfect and Donor Search.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Data Base Systems
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited direction.
- Proven ability and willingness to interact with the public.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, as well as listening skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- A team player who welcomes collaborative decision making.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the routine to the highly creative and visible.
- Possess professional maturity, credibility, patience, good judgment, honesty, and integrity.
- Possess strong interpersonal skill and a warm and outgoing personality.
- Ability to lift event boxes, tables and chairs that can weigh 25-30 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate Degree preferred
- Two to three years of relevant fundraising experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment, or ability to demonstrate that prior sales and/or marketing experience will transfer to non-profit fundraising
- General understanding of fundraising and gift development, including campaigns, annual giving, individual midlevel gifts fundraising, planned giving, prospect research, stewardship, and related activities.
- Experience in developing solid working relationships with co-workers, external constituents, and donors.
Union Station Kansas City is an at-will employer, committed to employing a drug-free and diverse work force.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Union Station Kansas City, Inc.
Human Resources Department
30 West Pershing Road, Suite 400
Kansas City, MO 64108
Or email your letter and résumé to: email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time