Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
CCVI is searching for a Development Coordinator to help the development department reach and exceed the goals of the organization. CCVI is on a mission to shape the future of children who are blind or visually impaired. Bring your unique skills and help create a positive ripple effect in our community. We’d love to hear from you!
Position: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Development
Direct Reports: N/A
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Development, Marketing + Communications Manager, and the Development and Special Events committees of the Board of Directors to meet the development goals of Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired. The Development Coordinator will be a keystone member of the team, with a concentration in successfully leading donor stewardship initiatives, annual fund management, and assisting with special events. This position is also responsible for effective and efficient use of resources and the donor management system to measure and achieve development goals. The Development Coordinator will be asked to think both strategically about the larger efforts of the department, along with performing highly detailed and creative work daily.
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaboration and team management
- Trust and Integrity
- Attention to detail, problem-solving, and organization
- Proven ability to juggle many projects and meet deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to other staff, donors, volunteers, agency representatives, students, families, and the general public
- Commitment to confidentiality
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Actively participate in the annual creation of the development department strategic plan and follow through on its successful completion.
- Assist the Development Director in adjustments and improvements to initiatives and processes.
- Assist the Development Director in grant management.
- Partner with Accounting to reconcile donor receipts.
- Create and implement an annual strategy for stewarding donors through mailings, social media, events, targeted appeals, email, and other innovative techniques that can attract a diverse range of donors.
- Remain up to date on the latest fundraising techniques to assist the Development Director on attracting new donors and adopting new practices to further CCVI’s fundraising goals.
- Partner with the Marketing + Communications Manager to leverage the power of social media, internet presence, printed materials, and technology use to cross promote CCVI messaging
- In partnership with the Director of Development, engage board members in annual fund strategies to expand impact and buy-in.
- Along with the Director of Development, strategically create a robust special events calendar that recognizes long-standing events while welcoming new traditions
- Lead all pre-event and day-of logistics for special events, including signature agency events, conferences, cultivation, and exposure opportunities, and third-party events.
- As needed, work with event vendors and consultants.
- Assist the Director of Development in the management of the corporate sponsorships program.
- Create and implement new techniques and fine tune existing techniques to make events as profitable as possible.
- Cultivate and steward motivated participants to both raise funds for the event and remain connected to the agency afterwards.
- Engage board members to fully utilize their ideas, connections, and talents.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing + Communications Manager to ensure the agency’s presence at events conveys its mission, services, and needs.
- Oversee accurate gift processing standards, including timely gift entry and acknowledgement and integrity of data.
- Effectively utilize the donor tracking database through accurate entry, advanced reports, and integrated communication options.
- Ensure all donors are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Along with the Director of Development, manage a pipeline of donors to welcome supporters in at every level and further leverage their generosity.
- Recommend development process modifications.
- As workload allows, grow a small portfolio of individual donors.
- Office, community, and some outdoor events. Some extreme temperatures.
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking.
- Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching.
- Assisting with students in an emergency (lifting, pushing).
- Up to 20% locally.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in fundraising, special events experience from planning and implementation including management of budgets, resources, staff, and volunteers.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in donor relations and communications.
- Proven stakeholder management skills, demonstrating ability to establish rapport with, Board of Directors, Funders and Donors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, meet fundraising goals, build momentum around events, and work in a collaborative, welcoming manner.
- Ability to create comprehensive and meaningful reports to provide executive level insight into development activities and progress toward goals.
- Five (5) years of nonprofit development experience.
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT
The salary range for this position is currently set at $52,000-$54,000.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999