Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Development Director reports to and works closely with the President/CEO as well as other agency staff and contracted support service providers to strategize, plan, implement and execute all Welcome House fundraising initiatives. Areas of focus include individual giving, grant-writing, grant-management, and grant-reporting, operational and capital funding, and special events. In addition, the Development Director will serve as public relations ambassador, to build relationships and educate the community about the Welcome House program and mission, and to encourage financial and other support by individuals, corporations, public agencies, community groups and foundations.
- Development, implementation, revision(s) and maintenance of Welcome House’s Development Plan.
- Provide oversight and management of donor communications plan and including gift processing, acknowledgement, donor stewardship and reporting.
- Provide oversight for special event related contract employees to develop and implement fundraising activities and special events (2 annual).
- Provide oversight and contribute to the development of all marketing and public relations material, including press releases, brochures, website, social media, the Annual Report and newsletter(s).
- Conduct individual and foundation prospect research and identify new prospects to add to the grant and donor pipeline(s) as well as cultivate new giving from existing donors and supporters.
- Grant proposal guideline research, preparation (writing, management and reporting) and application targeting private foundations, corporate support and public grants (federal, state and local) for program initiatives, operating expenses and capital funding.
- Work in tandem with Program Directors to insure timely grant reporting.
- Provide on-going Board education concerning their fundraising role as requested or directed.
- Build relationships with major donors and cultivate new individual gifts. Set-up and attend lunch and tour meetings with new donors and the CEO.
- Some in-town travel may be required to complete position responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President and CEO.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in related field.
- Three to five years’ experience in nonprofit development work, grant writing and administration with demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of community resources and current fundraising techniques.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Familiarity with computers, database software and social media; experience developing marketing materials.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established deadlines.
- Personal experience with Substance Use Disorder, Recovery and the Welcome House mission preferred.
The Welcome House offers a competitive salary and compensation package including benefits, commensurate with candidate education and previous experience along with the identified role and responsibilities. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision and Basic AD&D; paid time off, holidays and vacation, access to a retirement plan with match, cell phone allowance and more!
Job Type: Full Time