Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Empower Missouri seeks a Development Director who will lead the organization in substantially growing its fundraising activities over the next several years. This person will have primary responsibility for most of the organization’s fundraising activities, including special events, individual giving, online fundraising, corporate partnerships, and planned giving. This position will also support the Executive Director on grant writing and board stewardship. This position is currently responsible for raising approximately one million dollars annually; this amount is expected to increase over the next three years.
Location of Position:
This position is remote and can be based anywhere in Missouri, with anticipated 20% travel in-state.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute on Empower’s annual fundraising plan
- Lead all planning and execution of Empower’s Annual Awards Brunch.
- Lead sponsorship recruitment and stewardship for Empower’s Annual Anti-Poverty Advocates Summit
- Build new relationships with corporate partners across the state who are interested in supporting the work of Empower Missouri.
- Implement a donor stewardship & cultivation program.
- Lead donor prospecting and major gifts cultivation.
- Manage quarterly email and mail appeals.
- Manage online giving appeals, including, but not limited to, Giving Tuesday & Give STL Day
- Staff the Resource Development Committee of the Board, including recruiting non-board members for the committee
- Grant-writing and grant-reporting as assigned.
- Board stewardship as assigned
- Baseline knowledge of Empower Missouri’s priority issue areas and/or willingness to quickly learn about these issues
- Demonstrated fundraising skills
- Very strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as needed
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Empower Missouri is open to a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds. Competency, passion, and experience are more important than formal education, although we certainly welcome those with formal education credentials to apply.
$60,000-$70,000 starting salary with annual opportunities for merit-based and cost-of-living raises; health, life, dental and vision insurance; generous PTO policy, paid holidays, and retirement plan.
Submit cover letter, resume, and list of three references to email@example.com. Priority application deadline is December 1, 2022. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999