Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Development
Catholic Education Foundation
The Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) transforms the lives of children and their families by providing scholarships to youth at the lowest poverty levels so they can attend Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. The Director of Development is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director, responsible for cultivating and securing contributions from donors to meet annual fundraising goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote fundraising programs in the community to increase awareness and understanding.
- Meet donors individually or in group settings, in person or by phone, to acquire donations and promote CEF.
- Oversee the operation of major giving and annual giving programs to meet established goals.
- Provide program updates to the Executive Director and CEF Board of Directors.
- Build strong, long-lasting relationships with donors/prospects; track success in donor database.
- Assist other CEF fundraising activities to ensure CEF’s overall success.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills including with executive level individuals.
- Polished interpersonal skills (sales, presentation) in group and individual settings.
- Highly organized in managing tasks and projects; detail oriented.
- Superior planning and forecasting ability.
- Build and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships.
- Undergraduate degree in non-profit, business development or similar field, with a minimum of five (5) successful years in fundraising or corporate sales.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Non-profit fundraising and development experience is a strong plus.
- Direct experience working with volunteer leaders.
- Ability to speak authentically about the benefits of Catholic education.
- Practicing Catholic is preferred but not required.
CEF offers a comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan including medical, dental and vision, a 401k plan that includes matching contributions, as well as generous paid time off policies such as vacation, sick leave and paid holidays.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $75,000 - 99,999