Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development Director, Membership
The Museum has a distinguished track record of success in raising significant philanthropic support with a total membership of over 15,000 raising over $3.5 million dollars in support. Working as a thought partner with the Vice President, Development, the Development Director, Membership, is responsible for the overall strategy and success of the museum’s individual membership program and the division’s Annual Fund initiative. The Director Is responsible for the supervision of assigned staff, goal achievement, data analysis/forecasting and appropriate fiscal management.
- Development: Develop strategies to increase membership and financial support for the Friends of Art membership program and Annual Fund campaign in order to achieve annual revenue goals.
- Supervision: Responsible for the supervision and direct oversight of the membership team and volunteer committees. Participates in decisions relating to the selection, development, performance management of assigned staff. Provides ongoing communication and training through the generation and dissemination of information.
- Data Analytics: Working within the museum’s CRM system, develops strategies through relevant data analytics; track revenue, forecast for future projections and extract data to inform membership decisions.
- Acquisitions/Solicitations: Working with the larger development and marketing team, develops a comprehensive direct mail and phone campaign annually to solicit members and annual fund donors; responsible for personal solicitations.
- Fiscal Management: Identifies and analyzes needs for changing the department’s plans or budgets by consistently monitoring relevant s budgets/timetables, prioritizing and adjusting as necessary, and informing as appropriate.
- Other: Complete all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.?
- $1,000,000 Friends of Art annual revenue goal
- $2,000,000 total Membership revenue goal
- 15,000 Friends of Art $150,000 Annual Fund revenue goal
- 20 Annual Membership Events
- $250,000-$500,000 Department Budget
- 1000 Young Friends of Art Members
- Membership Specialist Annual Revenue Goal (accounted for in total revenue) $290,000
- Party Arty Annual Revenue Goal $100,000
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years working with membership and/or donors.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques, and ethics; an understanding of annual giving and membership strategies.
- Previous experience recruiting, organizing and managing employees and volunteers.
- Must be a persuasive writer, have customer service experience, and experience with sales & marketing to a large audience of potential customers/members.
- Excellent time management, planning, and teamwork skills.
- Must be flexible, well organized.
- Working knowledge of Client Relationship software (CRM), such as Tessitura.
- Able to successfully collaborate with all museum departments to ensure the most unique and exciting membership experiences.
- Ability to implement complex processes.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial mind-set where change is the norm and rapid decision making is required.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative or advisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive and write creatively for various audiences.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of current trends in prospect research, wealth analysis and business, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proven track record of developing and overseeing successful fundraising campaigns.
- The ability to work evenings (after regular business hours) and weekends.
We firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, national orientation (ancestry), disability, marital status, veteran or military status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
APPLY ONLINE ONLY: Copy and Paste the following URL: https://jobapply.page.link/ytfF
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $75,000 - 99,999