Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
OMNI is honored to be retained by Women’s Foundation in their search for a Development Manager. This newly created role will build and manage the annual and mid-level giving program and other community engagement efforts as the organization embarks on a new strategic plan which calls to dramatically expand their impact. The Women’s Foundation advances all women’s economic and civic leadership to make meaningful change.
Since 1991, Women’s Foundation has addressed issues affecting the economic well-being of women and their families throughout the region. Economically self-sufficient and civically engaged women will lead the nation’s next chapter of economic growth. By investing in the success of women, we invest in a stronger economy.
The Development Manager will report to the Chief Development Officer. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and evaluate annual fundraising and mid-level giving fundraising plans, including direct mail, email, social media, annual event sponsorships, monthly giving, tribute giving, matching gifts and face to face fundraising. Build integrated annual campaigns.
- Assist with strategy and sponsor solicitation ($5,000 or less level) for the annual We Work for Change event, Men’s Breakfast, Inner Circle and other fundraising and awareness building events.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects and donors, managing an annual and mid-level giving portfolio and documenting contacts and call reports in Salesforce database.
- Assist in elevating the presence and reputation of the Women’s Foundation, including developing awareness building fundraising campaigns.
- Monitor and develop strategies to increase the annual acquisition, retention and net growth in both dollars raised and number of donors.
- May support similar solicitation efforts for a new 501(c)(4) entity, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated success in a development role focused on donor-centric communication, direct appeals, monthly giving and mid-level individual giving, including portfolio and moves management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational experience; CFRE certification a plus.
- An understanding of the principles of fundraising, current issues, and research-based practices in fundraising.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with emphasis on building relationships and asking for gifts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to set, attain and surpass goals, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of using donor databases (Salesforce preferred).
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of information, records and materials.
- Ability to skillfully ask questions and use other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with donors.
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and social networking, including ability to utilize technology for research.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time