Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The ALS Association Mid-America Chapter
Position: Development Manager
Summary: This position is responsible for planning and executing the event fundraising and experiences for The Walks to Defeat ALS in Springfield, MO, Wichita, KS, and Columbia, MO including other fundraising initiatives as assigned.
This role will report to and work closely with the Director of Philanthropy to create events that deliver on budgeted fundraising goals. These goals will be accomplished through cohesive execution of the clearly defined fundraising and event objectives.
- Recruit, maintain and steward all teams and logistics for the Wichita, Springfield and Columbia Walks to Defeat ALS
- Build and maintain year-round relationships with key participants, community leaders, as well as existing and new corporate partners and sponsors.
- Cultivate year-round relationships with the media to ensure ALS stories and our mission remain in the media.
- Analyze and report on event performance, to grow future monetary totals and attendance.
- Research event logistics as necessary, using RFPs, site visits and other evaluation criteria to determine best value.
- Operate inside budgets for all event activities and requirements, and real-time reconcile budget to actuals to keep events within these defined budgets.
- Maintain event data in corresponding database.
- Attend committee, staff and board meetings as assigned.
- Travel on average of once a month to Springfield and Wichita.
- Help as needed on auction and database management for chapter special events.
- Procure auction items and prizes for the Joe McGuff Golf Classic, A Night of Hope and The Walk to Defeat ALS in coordination with this position’s counterpart in the local office.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree
- Public speaking experience required
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Two-three years’ experience in related field preferred but not required
- Confident, goal-oriented, positive self-starter able to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and organize multiple projects
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time within the assigned territory by car.
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 30 lbs. of materials
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Salesforce software.
Job Type: Full Time