Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
We are seeking an energetic, driven, and experienced Development Manager to join our dynamic team of professional staff supporting the dual missions of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA) (a 501(c)(6) membership association) and Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation (KCMBF) (a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation). In this new role, the successful candidate will enjoy leading outreach and revenue generation building on our great reputation in the national legal community and significant charitable contributions in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
This organized, high energy, and visionary contributor will be an expert in prospecting new partnerships, making the pitch and building/maintaining mutually beneficial relationships. The successful candidate will exhibit superb customer service and the ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at one time, keeping track of cyclical activities and deadlines while taking on new or unanticipated work. Because this person will represent our brand, strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to connect with many audiences through various communication methods, is required.
KCMBA is the largest and oldest bar association in the Kansas City area. Founded in 1884, KCMBA leverages its rich tradition as a platform to provide current, innovative, and relevant service to its 5,000 members in its nine-county service territory in Missouri and Kansas. KCMBA’s membership includes attorney, judicial, and law student members who make up the core of the Kansas City legal community. This active, voluntary association regularly hosts continuing legal education programs and social events, plans and presents community outreach and pro bono activities. KCMBF operates three original innovative charitable programs that directly serve our community: Military Maters (provides pro bono legal services to veterans and military personnel), Domestic Violence Alliance (provides education and collaboration for front line professionals working to solve the problems associated and caused by domestic violence) and Student Law Academy (provides paid internships and a pathway to becoming a lawyer to local underserved high school students, allowing meaningful exposure to and understanding of the next steps for a career in the law.)
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. This position can work at KCMBA’s beautiful offices located on the Streetcar line, or a hybrid structure, with negotiable details. Ample benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, PTO of 15 days the first year, plus about 15 paid holidays annually (exact number varies year to year), a 401k plan, a profit-sharing plan, a fancy onsite fitness center, and paid covered parking in the building garage. There is also frequently extra food available from our social events and meetings. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but significant work experience can substitute for the degree. Employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
IN A NUTSHELL:
This person is responsible for developing and managing the revenue generation through advertising, sponsorships, partnerships, auction item donations and grants for KCMBA and KCMBF. This position collaborates with all internal departments, works directly with the Gala Sponsorship and Auction volunteer committees of KCMBF, and cultivates relationships in the community.
BREAKING IT DOWN:
- Builds and maintains relationships with potential grantors, sponsors, donors, partners, advertisers and financial contributors and strategic partners.
- Expands the profile and reach of the enterprise, its brands, and programs.
- Fosters and works to enhance the maintain an entrepreneurial growth culture throughout the enterprise and across all teams and work functions.
- Prepares and timely submits annual grant applications and required reports to all potential and current granting institutions. Researches additional grant opportunities for Foundation programs, creates applications and reports as required. Tracks grant spending and ensure compliance with grant directives.
- Works with volunteers to support fundraising for the Foundation including live and silent auctions, and other activities and events, as may be directed.
- Tracks donations, invoices as required, issue receipts, and writes thank you notes for all donations and/or sponsorships.
- Sets, monitors, and achieves revenues and expenses against line items directly related to this job function.
- Manages and develops the Affinity Partner program, supporting retention of current partners and recruitment of new partners.
- Manages all requests and pitches for display, classified and congratulatory advertisements including managing design needs with graphic designer, including proof reading, and size and quality requirements.
- Maintains a system for tracking ad placement, invoicing and payments and sends invoices and monitor receipt.
- Produces a sponsorship monitoring report for events, to ensure all promotions and advertisement offered in return for sponsorships are planned and completed.
- Review budgets regularly, highlighting any concerns and making recommendations for change when needed.
- Maintains and tracks budget income and expenses in relation to budgets, ensuring the budget goals are met.
- Maintains records required for 990 reporting.
- Maintains self-sufficiency with administrative tasks that support the responsibilities of this position, including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, obtaining RSVPs, and circulating materials, draft agendas, taking minutes, and providing any additional clerical support needed. Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products and ability to adapt to other platforms is required.
We invite you to send a cover letter and resume to Vickie Mauck at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Development Manager.”
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999