Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development Manager - Individual & Corporate Giving
Salary range: $45,000 - $53,000
For 60 years, Kansas City Repertory Theatre (KCRep) has been a source of inspiration to our nation’s best artists and to so many Americans in Kansas City and beyond. KCRep is the city’s largest professional/regional LORT theatre and we are in search of a Development Manager – Individual & Corporate Giving to join our team. Be a part of our incredible work in Kansas City and join our team of passionate, dedicated artists, administrators, and non-profit professionals. We connect with each other and our community so we can create transformative theatre experiences for all. We value empathy, inclusion, openness, collaboration, and innovation.
Kansas City Repertory Theatre (KCRep) is in search of a Development Manager – Individual & Corporate Giving to facilitate fundraising and grow relationships with new and existing individual and corporate donors and advance the mission of the organization through philanthropy. The primary function of the Development Manager is to facilitate gifts from mid-level individual and corporate donors and prospects via in person, phone, and online communications. This role will serve as a front-facing ambassador for KCRep. In addition, this position will support and uplift KCRep’s mission, vision, and values, and demonstrate a dedication to the principles of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Anti-racism (IDEA) work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Report to Director of Development.
- Focus on building mid-level individual fundraising from $1,000 to $4,999 and corporate sponsorships $1,500 and above to support programs and events.
- Create a mid-level prospect development program for increased giving and build a portfolio of individual donors to steward through the donor management pipeline.
- Create proposals and materials for soliciting corporate prospects for program and event sponsorships in partnership with the Marketing department, Director of Development, and external vendors.
- Work with Gala Committee and Director of Development on securing individual and corporate support for the Gala, KCRep’s annual fundraising event.
- Provide support for the development team on donor events to including annual appeals, opening night parties, and donor cultivation events.
- Facilitate community partnerships to enhance relationships and create greater fundraising and outreach possibilities.
- Working with the Associate Director of Development, develop systems and processes to manage a donor portfolio and create donor strategies, along with materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
- Participate in departmental portfolio review process, utilizing Tessitura database software to track donor management process. Record all donor interactions and be a partner in maintaining an organized system for donor stewardship by updating constituent records, as appropriate.
- Working with the Development Associate, facilitate benefit fulfillment for sponsorships.
- Utilize Tessitura database and other sources to identify individuals and businesses with the capacity and propensity to make new and increased gifts.
- Develop a touchpoint plan for current donors to keep them engaged with the organization through emails, phone calls, and in-person activities.
- Perform basic administrative duties in Tessitura database, maintain donor files, and more.
- Foster a work environment incorporating KCRep values and moves forward the mission of the organization.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- Demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising with a minimum of three years’ experience.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising including maintaining confidentiality, ensuring donor privacy.
- Experience in non-profit and/or performing arts field with work in development preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently, creatively, and with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
- Able to lift 25 lbs., as needed.
- Some evening and weekend availability required.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Note: Development Manager in the subject line.
KCRep promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. KCRep does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Full time salary position includes comprehensive benefit package including but not limited to health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plans as well as generous company paid holidays and PTO policy. This position requires the working of some evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999