Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development Manager (Remote)
The Development Manager will support the organization in substantially growing the organization’s fundraising activities over the next several years. This person will have primary responsibility for several categories of fundraising activities, including special events, individual giving, and corporate partnerships. This position will also support the Executive Director on grant writing and board stewardship. This position is currently responsible for raising approximately $200,000 annually; this amount is expected to increase over the next three years.
This position can be based anywhere in Missouri, with anticipated 20% travel in-state.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead all planning and execution of Empower’s Annual Awards Brunch.
- Lead sponsorship recruitment and stewardship for our Annual Anti-Poverty Advocates Summit
- Plan and execute quarterly networking events in major markets across the state
- Build new relationships with corporate partners across the state
- Implement a donor stewardship & cultivation program.
- Lead donor prospecting efforts, creating pathways for new donors to support Empower.
- Manage quarterly email and mail appeals.
- Manage online giving appeals, including, but not limited to, Giving Tuesday & Give STL Day
- Staff the Resource Development Committee of the Board
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Baseline knowledge of Empower Missouri’s priority issue areas and/or willingness to quickly learn about these issues
- Demonstrated fundraising skills
- Very strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as needed
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
Desired Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Empower Missouri is open to a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds. Competency, passion, and experience are more important than formal education, although we certainly welcome those with formal education credentials to apply.
Salary Range and Benefits: $50,000-$65,000 starting salary with annual opportunities for merit-based and cost-of-living raises; health, life, dental and vision insurance; generous PTO policy, paid holidays, and retirement plan.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and list of three references to email@example.com. Priority application deadline is March 24, 2023. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999