Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development Operations and Data Specialist
Kansas City Ballet (KCB) is the Midwest’s premier professional ballet company of 30 dancers with an annual budget of $9.5M, one-third of which is philanthropic support. KCB’s vision is ‘Outstanding dance experiences accessible to all’ and our mission is ‘To inspire and engage through the beauty, power and passion of dance.’ KCB produces four performances a season at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, has a School with 650 students in its Academy and engages more than 20,000 people each year through community engagement and education programs.
The Development Operations and Data Specialist is a critical member of the Ballet’s development team and is responsible for managing all donor information and supporting the philanthropy department in aspects related to data, records and gifts. This position requires a highly organized individual with excellent records management and customer service skills. This position is hourly, non-exempt. This position requires occasional work on evenings and weekends. The ideal candidate would have a passion for the arts (especially dance) and an understanding of the important role the arts play in the Kansas City community.
Systems and Database Management:
- Manage the development department’s aspects of the Tessitura database including data integrity, updates and corrections.
- Develop effective and efficient systems to manage data transfers between Tessitura and Mind/Body (KCB School database)
- Organize and maintain Development Department records.
Gift Entry, Acknowledgments & Reconciliation:
- Enter all gifts into the Tessitura database, ensuring donor contributions are recorded and coded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate all tax letters/gift acknowledgements ensuring acknowledgments match the type of gift.
- Keep current on the changes in tax laws that affect acknowledgments.
- Make deposits for the Finance Department in a timely manner based on best practices in the field.
- Generate pledge reminders and invoices.
- Function as liaison between Development and Finance Departments to provide donor/gift information, account reconciliation and help resolve discrepancies.
- Work with the KCB Guild on Ball reservations and gifts.
- Generate accurate donor listings for KCB performance programs.
- Maintain donor files for individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Assist development staff by making timely thank you calls to donors.
Reporting and Other Functions:
- Provide weekly reports on current status of gift income through development dashboard.
- Analyze trends, including donor level moves, donor retention rates, donor growth and fundraising ROI to inform fundraising strategies.
- Ensure automated reports are timely and useful.
- Work with other members of the development team to generate lists for mailings such as invitations, newsletters, e-correspondence and direct mail pieces.
- Serve on the Data Standards committee of the Tessitura consortium as the KCB development liaison. The consortium includes the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, the Lyric Opera of Kansas City and the Kansas City Symphony.
- Train new development team members on Tessitura and keep the whole team current on upgrades, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in database management in a fundraising setting.
- Proficient with Tessitura and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to anticipate internal (staff) and serve external (donor) expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills required in order to proofread acknowledgment letters and communicate directly with donors via email or phone.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a significant workload and meet project deadlines.
- Possess a pleasant and collaborative style in the workplace including professional attitude, attention to detail, dependability, initiative and a sense of humor.
- Strategic and solutions-oriented thinker with the ability to efficiently solve problems.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com by February 21. Please include Development Operations and Data Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Kansas City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999