Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development & Operations Manager
Position Title: Development & Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Summary: The Development & Operations Manager will aid the Executive Director in substantially growing the organization’s fundraising activities over the next several years. This role will have the opportunities to work on several key areas of the organization’s fundraising plan, including special events, individuals giving, online fundraising, and corporate sponsorship. This person will also manage all of the logistics for Empower’s in-person and virtual events as well as provide operational support in finances, compliance, and HR. This in an ideal role for someone who is deeply organized, thrives in detail-oriented work, and loves working as part of a passionate, committed team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage logistics for Empower’s annual brunch fundraiser in June.
- Write corporate sponsorship applications for Empower fundraising events.
- Partner with program staff to write grant reports.
- Grant-writing as assigned.
- Create and implement a donor stewardship & cultivation program, including managing donor receipts.
- Assist with donor prospecting.
- Manage EveryAction, Empower’s donor & partner database.
- Manage the logistics of a quarterly mail/email appeal.
- Assist in growing Empower’s success with online giving campaigns on both Giving Tuesday & Give STL Day
Program Support & Logistics (25%)
- Manage all logistics for the organization’s annual conference in November.
- Support policy team with logistics for advocacy days and Empower’s Annual Week of Action in Jefferson City.
- Partner with Empower’s Regional Councils to plan and execute quarterly in-person networking events in St. Louis and Kansas City.
- Manage logistics for Friday Forums.
- Serve as the virtual “front desk” staff member. Manage company phone line and direct general email inquiries.
- Support the Executive Director in paying bills and managing organizational finances.
- Create and manage a list of direct service organizations for those who come to Empower seeking referrals for services.
- File annual compliance paperwork with the Missouri Secretary of State.
- Assist with new staff onboarding.
- Manage organizational internship program.
- Other duties as assigned
- Baseline knowledge of all of Empower Missouri’s priority issue areas
- Very strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as needed
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of three years of experiences with operations, logistics, and/or administrative work, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Previous experience with fundraising highly preferred
- Empower Missouri is open to a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds. Competency, passion, and experience are more important than formal education, although we certainly welcome those with formal education credentials to apply.
Salary Range and Benefits:
$45,000-$55,000 starting salary with annual opportunities for merit-based and cost-of-living raises; health, life, dental and vision insurance; generous PTO policy, paid holidays, and retirement plan
Location of Position:
This position can be based anywhere in Missouri, with anticipated 20% travel in-state.
Submit cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority application deadline is July 15, 2021. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999