Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development Professional, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
KU Endowment, Lawrence, Kansas, is recruiting for a full-time professional fundraiser responsible for the organization, implementation, and direction of a comprehensive development program for raising private major gifts to KU Endowment in support of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the University of Kansas.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
*Note: This position will be filled at the Development Officer, Associate Development Director or Development Director level, commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs programs for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for prospective and current major gift donors benefitting the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the University of Kansas. Works with the Dean, department chairs, Association officers and professional staff, University administrators, faculty and volunteer leaders.
- Actively manages an appropriately sized and staged portfolio of prospects and donors for the eventual solicitation of both outright and deferred major gifts in support of the stated needs of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- Develops and implements both annual and long-range goals, objectives, and strategies to maximize private support for the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, consistent with the overall plan of KU Endowment.
- Solicits annual gifts recognized in the School’s Deans Club ($1,000 or more) with the goal of increasing annual support.
- Position requires an extensive amount of time traveling to meet development goals.
- Works with College development team colleagues to develop and implement an ongoing program of communication with donors that recognizes past and current commitments and fosters support for future efforts.
- Supervises the shared Development Associate who provides administrative support for this constituent area.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Assistant Vice President for Constituent Development and other Senior development staff.
Bachelor’s degree required. Established professional with one to three years of major gift fundraising experience in higher education preferred. Candidates with experience in business development, sales, or higher education will also be considered. Excellent written, oral, and inter-personal communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team are essential. Must possess the ability to independently initiate, organize, and follow through with fundraising strategies. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and exercise excellent judgment.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
KU Endowment offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including: 401(k) and Roth 401(k) matching program; pension plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; Section 125 flexible benefits; paid holidays, personal and sick leave; paid Parental Leave; Life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance; KU tuition reimbursement; and free parking.
Please attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Questions regarding this vacancy may be addressed to:
Director, Development Recruitment
PO Box 928
Lawrence, KS 66044-0928
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable.
Job Type: Full Time