Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development & Project Management Specialist
Salary/Benefits: Competitive within the nonprofit sector. This position is full-time and offers benefits, including medical and dental insurance, considerable paid vacation leave, life and disability insurance, mental health benefits, and an excellent retirement plan.
Deadline: Position open until filled.
Introduction: Outreach International is a global nonprofit that supports local leaders and community-led groups who develop lasting solutions to poverty-related issues.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Development and Project Management Specialist has oversight of donor cultivation and engagement activities, as well as project management responsibilities for fundraising campaigns.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Cultivate a network of dedicated donors and volunteers. Manage all aspects of the donor cultivation lifecycle for new and existing Outreach donors. Includes facilitating and improving the identification, cultivation and solicitation activities for new potential and existing donors. Additionally, manage all aspects of donor recognition, including coordinating existing recognition projects throughout the year, as well as identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Communicate Outreach International’s mission to external stakeholders and maintain positive relationships with donors.
- Serve as the project manager for development-related projects associated with the group giving and recognition programs. Establish detailed task lists and timelines, coordinate peers and facilitate each project through to completion and reflection.
- Manage all aspects of the existing group giving program, including partnerships and volunteers and identify and implement improvements.
- Manage all aspects of foundation and corporate giving program, including researching and pursuing new partnerships, ongoing communication with and recognition of existing partnerships, cross promotions on social media, managing agreements, development of marketing plan and materials, etc.
- Manage donor proposals including coordinating with staff to identify opportunities for new partnerships and providing donor-facing updates for existing partnerships.
- Manage all aspects of the planned giving program, including recruiting new and providing support to existing members.
- Manage all aspects of foundation and corporate giving program, including researching and pursuing new partnerships, ongoing communication with and recognizing existing partnerships, cross promotions on social media, managing agreements, developing marketing plans and materials, etc.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- BA or equivalent experience required.
- Strong intellect, character, and enthusiasm.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, managing multiple priorities, and proposing new ways of creating efficiencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate with individuals internal and external to the organization effectively.
- Must have an active interest in, and knowledge of, emerging fundraising/communication best practices.
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having developed and implemented new processes and systems that increased efficiency.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
- Adaptable and a self-starter.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement.
- Demonstrated experience with budget and revenue generation.
- Previous fundraising, sales or marketing experience.
- Experience researching, writing, and/or managing grant and donor proposals.?
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and a brief description of why you are interested in working for Outreach.
Outreach International is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full Time