Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development Support Personnel
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Development Support personnel is a key member of the Development Team, focusing on general office tasks, donor database maintenance, and fundraising assistance. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Development.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, the talent to enhance community and employee relationships, and the ability to project your enthusiasm for the Rainbow Center mission are essential.
Major responsibilities include generating correspondence and bulk mailings; assisting with the collection and timely entry of monetary and in-kind donations, preparing and distributing appropriate responses to donors, and maintaining donor databases with current and accurate information.
This position requires excellent clerical and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work collaboratively. The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor information, consistently displaying integrity with external and internal audiences, and adhering to development and non-profit best practices is imperative.
- Assist with two large fundraising events, and various in-house activities throughout the year.
- Assist with coordination of group projects.
- Assist with social media and various media opportunities.
- Create and coordinate thank you correspondence for special events sponsors and donations.
- Provide processing support for donors from nationwide United Way agencies.
- Assist with planning of in-house United Way campaign.
- Assist with grant research and development.
- Maintain development related storage areas.
- Coordinate in-house event requests.
- Compile donor information for annual print newsletter.
- Provide support for coordination of volunteers.
- Maintain database and files of corporate and foundation funders, donors, and volunteers.
- Research and secure returning and prospective vendors for November fundraising event.
- Prepare post-event analysis reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have job-related experience in non-profit or other philanthropic environments.
- Organization, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365.
- Demonstrated record of follow-through and meeting deadlines.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999