Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director, Annual Giving
Director of Annual Giving
The primary objective of the Director of Annual Giving is to generate financial and volunteer support through the implementation of both trusted and innovative strategies to increase participation in the School’s annual giving program. This is a year 'round position.
Pembroke Hill School is an independent school, serving early childhood through high school. We have exceptional benefits including free lunch, retirement match, tuition remission, health, dental, life, time off, etc. Please visit www.pembrokehill.org to learn more. Apply online by clicking here.
Pembroke Hill School is committed to a culture that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve students from diverse backgrounds and seek to hire a diverse faculty and staff. This includes but is not limited to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, divers-ability, religion, spirituality, socioeconomic status, and national identity. Applicants must be committed to and passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion to contribute to academic success with inclusive excellence. Our aspirations include fostering the development of a school community that cultivates cultural humility. We promote self awareness, knowledge of cultural and intellectual diversity and a willingness to advocate for others.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in development, preferably education and/or relationship building field.
- Detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Excellent follow up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at one time.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable and savvy with software programs, social media and other technology.
- Highest ethical and professional standards.
- Occasional travel, evening, and weekend work required.
- Implement and oversee the Pembroke Hill School Fund, the School’s annual giving program. Align program objectives with the School’s Strategic Plan in an effort to grow the pipeline of donor prospects, while continuing to engage loyal supporters. Manage a portfolio of annual donors, soliciting for major and estate gifts where appropriate.
- Coordinate annual giving volunteer recruitment process by recommending candidates for volunteer leadership positions; organizing recruitment meetings; preparing all meeting materials; assisting in recruitment of volunteers; and providing guidance, training, and education for volunteers throughout the year.
- Manage the schedule of direct mail/email (alumni, parents, friends, grandparents, and faculty/staff) for the annual fund; draft annual fund appeal communications; determine segmentation and develop new ways to engage and increase our donor pool.
- Review and analyze reports to determine status of gift efforts and to develop strategies for achieving individual class and overall annual fund goals. Establish benchmarks for improving and tracking annual giving trends.
- Work with the Director of Alumni Relations and Director of Development to coordinate select Reunion Gift Efforts by identifying and recruiting chairs for each committee; assisting chairs with recruitment of the steering committee and engagement activities; creating scales of gifts; preparing meeting materials; preparing materials for lead calls; monitoring gifts as they come in; writing pledge thank you letters; communicating regularly with committee members about the status of their prospects; and personalizing acknowledgment letters as necessary.
- Manage the production of acknowledgement letters for all gifts to Pembroke Hill School by working closely with the Database Management Coordinator, helping to personalize and ensure accuracy. Oversee the production of stewardship letters for the Headmaster and Director of Development.
- Oversee the creation of the Annual Impact Report, in consultation with the Database Management Coordinator, by developing the concept, proofing all lists for accuracy and placement, and writing copy as needed.
- Accept additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Development.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999