Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director - Gift Planning
To lead and secure financial resources through the fundraising program to fulfill the hospital's mission of service to children and families, including: facilities, research, operating support, charity care, equipment and special programs. Specifically, this position will focus on the gift planning components and aspects of the fundraising program. Secure planned and/or blended major gifts ($25,000 and above) primarily from individuals. Implement, support and direct a comprehensive gift planning program to secure deferred gifts including bequests, gifts of securities, beneficiary designations in retirement plans and life insurance, real property, charitable gift annuities, etc.
- Secure estate gifts (including blended and/or major gifts) from prospective donors (portfolio of 100+) in support of the Hospital’s mission and needs.
- Provide supervision, collaboration and leadership of the Gift Planning program.
- Provide stewardship of selected planned gift donors, Planned Giving Council members, and estate/trust donors and families.
- Direct the administration, processing and valuation of various special assets and gifts, including but not limited to: life insurance, appreciated stock, charitable gift annuities, and other special gifts. Serve as the contact and advisor to Accounting with special gifts and directives from donors. Direct and manage CMH?s charitable gift annuity program, including the calculation, processing, contract preparation, state licensing, and other activities for all gift annuity donors.
- Lead staff for the Planned Giving Council and responsible for building relationships with area professional advisors on behalf of the Hospital and Foundation. Assists and reviews Philanthropy personnel in all estate and trust administration for the hospital and foundation, including the settlement and processing of estates and trusts. Consult with personnel and legal representatives as needed to ensure all activities, correspondence, acknowledgements and reporting with area professional advisors is completed in an effective way for all gifts and distributions from estates and trusts, including residual and recurring planned gifts.
- Provide gift planning, economic, tax and other training and education to internal and external constituents, including the implementation of gift planning seminars to cultivate new prospects and recognize existing donors.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years experience because of the increasing complexity and competition for gifts and grants, as well as the high visibility of this position in the community, the incumbent must have a depth of fund raising experience. Knowledge of gift planning tools is essential to effectively communicate with estate planning professionals, planned giving donors and planned giving prospects and gift planning and major gift teams.
- CFRE Preferred
Job Type: Full Time