Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director - Major Gifts
- Establish and support current and prospective donors to achieve their philanthropic goals to Great Plains SPCA through research, solicitation, engagement, gift closure and stewardship of donors.
- Develop and implement a robust planned giving strategy to enable donors to ensure their funds are left to a mission they trust and support.
- Maintain and develop ongoing relationships with existing donors.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools.
- Work with the development department to align efforts and set goals.
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach them.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO in identifying and prioritizing new initiatives, needs and opportunities that could benefit from development efforts including ways to incentivize program support.
- Competencies –Drive for Results, Integrity, Flexibility, Resilience and Creating Vision and Purpose
- Demonstrated results in soliciting and closing major program gifts with capability to advance gift strategies through effective relationship building.
- Solid experience creating and leading planned giving programs.
- Must be organized, creative, pro-active, detail oriented with strong ability to prioritize with superior time management and troubleshooting skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong software skills in creating original documents, reports, mobile communications and electronic messaging.
- Must be comfortable working in an animal shelter around cats, dogs, rabbits and other animals on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related/relevant development experience three years’ proven track record in major program gifts and planned giving.
- Experience in animal shelter and/or nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database management a must.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be comfortable working around all types of pets including dogs,cats etc.
- Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Employee is required to sit at a desk and work at computer for long periods of time.
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs.
- Potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, dangerous and fractious animals, and high noise levels.
- Work schedule and hours may vary; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Schedule Mon – Fri, nights and weekends possible depending on events.
At Will Employment
There is no minimum period of employment guaranteed or implied by acceptance of an employment offer. It is the policy of Great Plains SPCA that employment is at will, which means that the employment is for no specific term and that employment may be terminated by the employee or Great Plains SPCA at any time without cause.
Great Plains is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, or for any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Great Plains SPCA depends solely on your qualifications.
Note: This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be required to perform other related duties within your skill set as negotiated and/or directed to meet the ongoing needs of your department and the organization.
Job Type: Full Time