Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Annual Giving
The FarmHouse Foundation, the charitable and fundraising arm of FarmHouse Fraternity, Inc., seeks a highly motivated, donor-centric, goal-driven professional to serve as Director of Annual Giving. We strive to hire talented, ethical and hardworking individuals for our FarmHouse Foundation team who champion our mission to “Build the Leaders of Tomorrow.”
The FarmHouse Foundation is a 501(c)3 public educational foundation, which supports the educational and leadership programs of FarmHouse Fraternity, Inc., as well as provides scholarships to individual members for academic achievement. FarmHouse Fraternity is a men’s international agriculturally-related fraternity founded in 1905 that seeks to build men intellectually, spiritually, socially, morally and physically. FarmHouse is located on 38 campuses throughout the United States and Canada, with 1,700 undergraduates and 30,000 living alumni.
The Director of Annual Giving is a full-time position responsible for the development and execution of the Foundation’s long-running, successful annual giving program through well-coordinated communications and solicitations comprised of direct mail, email, social media, events, phone and personal outreach. This team member will foster meaningful opportunities for engaging donors and has a significant effect on the Foundation’s ability to cultivate, retain and steward donors to further advance FarmHouse’s mission and strategic initiatives.
This position will report to the CEO of the FarmHouse Foundation. In this capacity, it will be this person’s responsibility to:
Fundraising, Direct Mail, Communication & Stewardship – 75%
- Develop, coordinate and implement annual fundraising initiatives for the FH Excellence Fund to increase annual gift support and participation through storytelling, direct mail, annual Day of Giving, e-mail, Annual Report, online giving, phone solicitations, videos, recurring giving program, peer-to-peer solicitations and non-member appeals.
- Collaborate with the CEO and Staff to formulate an annual giving plan with goals and a realistic timetable.
- Work to ensure that all fundraising, communication materials and public relations outreach are consistent with the mission and brand of the FarmHouse Foundation.
- Coordinate multi-channel efforts for the FH Day of Giving.
- Promote and manage the Ruby Society, undergraduate giving program.
- Assist with Foundation hosted events, alumni receptions and conferences.
- Support the Foundation’s donor stewardship and recognition programs.
- Work with vendors to complete projects (printer, mail house, post office, etc.).
- Understand and use the membership and fundraising database for direct mail merging, reporting, updating and using donor data.
- Partner with the CEO and Staff to identify new prospects for annual and major giving.
- Maintain the Foundation’s reputation for integrity, responsibility, caring and prudent management of donors’ gifts and engagement.
Other Foundation duties – 5%
- Work as an integral member of the FarmHouse headquarters team and when needed support team members and volunteers.
- Sustain professional expertise through continuing education.
- Complete Foundation assignments and responsibilities as needed and delegated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Proven experience in fundraising, specifically in coordinating an annual giving program.
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing abilities.
- Relevant experience in the related fields of marketing, public relations, sales, alumni relations, higher education and communications is a plus.
- Experience in project management with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to take initiative, anticipate upcoming initiatives, and work independently.
- Computer literacy and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe design software suite, Constant Contact and database management.
- Membership in FarmHouse Fraternity is preferred; membership in another fraternity or sorority is desirable, but not required.
- Willing to work in downtown Kansas City, Mo. The headquarters office will relocate in early 2021. The option to work remotely will be considered as well.
- Ability to travel occasionally for national conferences and professional development.
WE SEEK AND VALUE INDIVIDUALS WHO:
- Are passionate and accountable for their responsibilities and leadership of their position;
- Prioritize expanding our fundraising capacities to build funding to support our mission;
- Demonstrate integrity, respect and relationship building with alumni, donors, board members, volunteers and others;
- Understand and appreciate the undergraduate experience and the role fraternal involvement has in the overall collegiate experience;
- Build community among colleagues through teamwork, collaboration, collective and shared ownership, care and concern for each other;
- Exhibit proactive, approachable and honest communication;
- Are articulate in speech and writing;
- Are efficient and ethical stewards of the Foundation’s resources and assets;
- Are open and adaptable to new ideas and initiatives;
- Recognize work and life are not mutually exclusive, and while honoring flexibility,
doing what it takes to achieve results;
- Measure progress by seeking opportunities to be more efficient, innovative and relevant
to the needs of our members and donors;
- Desire to grow in their skills and abilities professionally and personally; and
- Are committed to excellence by working to fulfill our mission, vision and the Object of FarmHouse.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive nonprofit salary, commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance coverage for the employee (90% premium paid by the employer) with $1,500 annual supplemental medical reimbursement plan for health-related costs.
- Eligibility for employer contribution of up to six percent (6%) into an individual SEP-IRA.
- Paid personal time off and 11 paid observed holidays.
- Annual performance bonus opportunity.
- A positive, collaborative work environment where professional development is supported.
To apply for the position, please submit the following:
- Cover letter stating interest and highlighting specific professional and volunteer experiences applicable to the position as well as salary expectations.
- Resume highlighting relevant professional experiences and specific leadership skills, responsibilities and achievements.
Please send cover letter, resume and references electronically or by mail to:
Allison Rickels, CFRE
Executive Director & CEO
The FarmHouse Foundation
7306 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway, Suite 310
Kansas City, MO 64153
More information about the FarmHouse Foundation and FarmHouse Fraternity is available online at www.farmhouse.org/foundation.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999