Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Development
Thrive Allen County is an award winning coalition which blends health, wellness and economic development into a strategy for sparking rural turnaround. Thrive Allen County was awarded the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Culture of Health Prize in 2017, the first Kansas community to be awarded this honor. Thrive currently has an opening for the Director of Development position. This is an important position at Thrive, because the organization’s work is dependent upon, and directed by, funding. The Director of Development has the opportunity to help write the next chapters of Thrive’s story. This requires a highly creative and disciplined individual, someone who can clearly communicate both the technical details of our work, as well as our goals and passions. This is also a highly collaborative position, deeply connected and engaged with Thrive’s staff, our funders, and the people we serve.
The Director of Development is responsible for leading the development of grant proposals, securing funding, and maintaining compliance with grant requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to: conceptualize program goals and objectives; adapt to constant change and periods of fast-paced, high-intensity work; analyze, evaluate and recommend innovative solutions to achieve Thrive’s priorities and goals; and reconcile divergent views into a single, coherent proposal.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare grant proposals to support Thrive’s strategic planning priorities
- Ensure timely reporting and assist program staff in preparation of grant reports, as needed
- Develop programs and projects, including potential funding sources, evaluation and sustainability planning
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major funders, including major health funders in Kansas
- Develop and create relationships with funders aligned with strategic planning priorities outside Kansas, including national foundations, finance institutions and federal government departments as appropriate.
- Work closely with partnering organizations to prepare potential programs that allow for successful grant applications
- Oversee development and implementation of annual giving program
- Staff board meetings and prepare division reports and minutes
- Assist other organizations and groups in Allen County aligned with Thrive’s mission to seek, procure and manage grant funding, financing or other funds as needed.
- Prepare Thrive’s annual operating budget, working closely with staff, CEO, and board
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Ability to be discerning, diplomatic and thoughtful a must
- At least 3 years of experience in grant development, solicitation, or administration preferred
- Outgoing, helpful and friendly personality who enjoys working with colleagues and the public
- Thrive is an EOE
- Full-time position. Salary DOQ/E, fringe benefits available
- To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org