Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Development
The Friends of Chamber Music
This full-time position is responsible for all administrative aspects of fundraising for The Friends of Chamber Music, manages and coordinates annual giving, grants, special events, donor cultivation and stewardship, and other projects as needed, leading to the annual and long-range financial health of The Friends of Chamber Music. This position works closely with the President and Board of Directors.
Office hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, and some evenings/weekends for concerts and fundraising events.
* Develop and implement annual fundraising plan, including management of fundraising calendar.
* Conduct prospect, grant, and funding research.
* Compose annual fundraising appeal letters; coordinate production and mailing of these letters, both inhouse and through a mailhouse.
* Process and acknowledge donations; maintain and foster relationships with donors through letters, phone calls, and personal visits; perform other stewardship functions as necessary.
* Utilize Raiser’s Edge donor database to track donors and gifts, run giving reports, pull mailing lists
* Submit grant proposals and final reports to funders – gather data from various sources, write proposal language, prepare online and/or hard copy documents, track grant approval progress, and other duties as they arise
* Assist with annual organizational budgeting process.
* Assist with planning and executing annual fundraising benefit Soirée and other special patron events, including but not limited to post-concert dinners, Opening Night dinner, patron receptions.
* Actively serve as liaison to Board of Directors, Finance and Benefit committees. Coordinate meetings, prepare handouts, track attendance, coordinate lunch delivery, take meeting minutes for review
* Work with accountant on monthly and annual financial reports which are distributed to board and finance committee.
* Answer the phone and take ticket orders when necessary.
* Support other departments; assist with other projects as needed.
* Assist with production of annual program book.
* Attend all concerts, annual benefit, and other special events.
Assist with set-up and tear down.
* Proficient in all Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Experience with Raiser’s Edge
* Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to adapt to the changes that come in a quick-moving environment
* 1-3+ years experience in Arts Fundraising/Development
* Basic understanding of accounting principles
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Please submit cover letter and resume to Angela@chambermusic.org.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999