Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Development
The Mission Project
Director of Development
The Mission Project is a nonprofit corporation located in Mission, KS. The purpose of the Mission Project is to enable capable adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) to live independently and safely in their community with individualized support. The Mission Project participants live full lives in a supportive community. Parents, guardians, families and friends of adults with I/DD, as well as dedicated professionals, have joined forces to realize the goals of the project.
The Director of Development coordinates all development activities including strategy, implementation, results measurement, and evaluation. Major responsibilities include the formulation and execution of fundraising campaigns, donor cultivation strategies, foundation relations, proposal research and writing. This position will be supervised by the Executive Director and will work closely with the ED as well as the Board of Directors and the Public Relations Committee to accomplish these goals as well as communicate organization messages and align funding opportunities with programmatic priorities.
- Develop, implement, and oversee comprehensive organizational fundraising plan to meet annual and long-term revenue goals
- Provide assistance, including research and leadership for major donor cultivation strategies, such as planned giving; and exploration of alternative sources of revenue, including earned income
- In collaboration with Executive Director, identify, cultivate, and steward institutional foundations; ensure timeliness of proposal deadlines, reporting, and deliverables
- Manage proposal writing process, including collaborating with staff to represent organizational goals, objectives, and outcomes
- Develop and supervise strategies for growing and sustaining a national donor base and implementing high-quality donor communication, stewardship practices, and donor/wealth analyses
- Develop and maintain programs of donor acknowledgement, appreciation, and recognition
- Work with, train, and coach select staff and board members to track effectively prospects and solicitors
- Work with Executive Director to manage Board Development Committee; develop budget and cash flow projections; report on revenue activity to Executive Director and Board Development Committee
- Oversee all donor record keeping, including processing gifts and acknowledgements, maintaining profiles on Guide Star and like search engines
- Manage all individual fundraising programs including direct mail, e-solicitations, online giving, special events, and social media donor campaigns; and donor record keeping.
- Three to five years professional fundraising experience including knowledge of individual donor cultivation strategies, proposal writing, constituent relationship management systems, revenue budgeting and tracking, and donor stewardship
- Sophisticated understanding of and ability to negotiate the private foundation world, with proven success in foundation fundraising
- Expertise integrating social media outreach strategies with fundraising campaigns
- Experience developing and implementing special events , both local and remote
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Strong analytical ability, organizational skills, and attention to detail, including aptitude with financial analysis, budgeting, and data management
- Goal-oriented and willing to hold self and others accountable
- Demonstrated team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to inspire and motivate others
- Positive, can-do attitude and enthusiastic commitment to an informed and engaged team
This position is currently a part time position with flexible hours. Salary will range between $35,000 to $40,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits are negotiable. There is a potential for greater responsibilities and compensation as this organization grows.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999