Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Development
Wonderscope Children's Museum is seeking an experienced Director of Development to serve their mission to spark a lifelong love of learning through the play! With an upcoming move to a new state of the art museum, this position will be part of the team that will continue to work on the growth of the organization. An organized, pro-active self-starter who is ready to take on any challenges will be the perfect fit!
?Duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Develop and implement an annual fundraising plan to meet or exceed the contributions budget.
2. Expand the organization’s funder base to grow exhibit sponsorships.
3. Research, cultivate, and solicit new donor prospects and sponsors.
4. Work with the grant writer and assist with identifying grant opportunities, editing, and submitting grants and subsequent reports on time.
5. Ensure timely and appropriate donor recognition.
6. Develop, cultivate, and maintain a strong positive relationship with major donors.
7. Serve as liaison to the Board Development Committee.
8. Work with the Development Committee Chair and Executive Director to prepare agenda and monthly reports for the committee.
9. Work with Development Committee Chair and Executive Director to engage the board in fundraising and soliciting of support.
10. Serve as lead to fundraising auxiliary and work to expand its capacity and its role in the organization.
11. Lead the planning and execution of annual fundraising event(s).
12. Work directly with the Director of Communications to ensure the development of appropriate and accurate collateral and website copy, digital media, invitations, and annual reports.
13. Serve as a vital member of the management team at Wonderscope.
14. Increase the visibility of the organization to funders with outreach and communication and serve as a representative of the organization when needed for networking, speaking engagements, etc.
1. A positive and dynamic personality with a passion for children and education.
2.Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
3.Strong communication skills.
4.Strong knowledge of the local and regional philanthropic community.
5.Ability to be creative, outward-focused, adventurous.
6.Experience researching and writing grants.
7.Experience working with committees and auxiliaries.
8.Bachelor’s degree with up to 5 years of development experience.
9. Willingness to step in and do all that is required for the success of the organization.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Roxane Hill at email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time