Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Development
American Public Square is seeking an energetic and effective professional fundraiser to join our team as the Director of Development. The perfect candidate has a proven track record of success in nonprofit fundraising and enthusiasm for APS’ mission of improving the tone and quality of public discourse and creating paths to common ground in our community.
This position will work closely with the executive director, chairman, and development committee to execute fundraising efforts and support several areas of APS’ strategic plan. Communication skills are very important in this role. A successful fundraiser will excel at telling our story in ways that are compelling to our members, donors, funders, and stakeholders through multiple channels, including phone, email, proposals, face-to-face meetings and increasingly, through videoconferencing technology.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, attention Claire Bishop. Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
- Increase giving from local sources: memberships, individual donations, sponsorships, corporations, and foundations
- Build participation in corporate membership programs
- Work closely with program staff to understand funding needs and opportunities for APS programs; Lead corporate sponsorship efforts for major events
- Manage periodic fundraising/membership campaigns to deliver growth-minded budget goals in 2021
- Evaluating and reporting on fundraising campaigns and activities
- Research and pursue new funding opportunities
- Research, draft and construct well-written, persuasive grant applications and proposals
- Help program staff translate their work into compelling stories that resonate with members, donors, funders, partners, and stakeholders
- Work with accountant and administrative staff to manage fulfillment of grants including deliverables and reporting
- Understanding of APS’ major funders and the organizations’ funding environment
- Maintain and deepen relationships with current funders, board members, donors, program officers, APS Members and volunteers
- Work with ED to implement a comprehensive process for tracking and maintaining donor data through Salesforce or a comparable CRM tool
- Oversee the creation and mailing of all member and donor communications, including confirmations, thank you letters and renewals
- Proven track record of success in fundraising, nonprofit experience a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate fundraising, advertising, direct marketing and appeals
- Experience with donor cultivation and stewardship
- Experience with board relations and development
- Knowledge of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
- Knowledge of CRM systems and database management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven time and project management, dependability, efficiency, organization, and team skills
- Creativity and ability to solve problems with diplomacy, flexibility, and good judgment
- Professionalism and integrity
APS is currently in remote work mode, and flexibility with regard to office use is required. Our organization will remain on a hybrid WFH/office mode throughout 2021. Candidates for the Director of Development role will have suitable space at home to conduct a majority of their daily business. In person meetings with staff, board and donors may be conducted from time to time, in accordance with safety measures recommended by the CDC.
This position is a full time, contract role. Compensation commensurate with experience and proven success in fundraising, as well as a benefits package, is available to candidates who qualify. The contract period is January 1, 2021- December 31, 2021. Contract renewal or transition to a FTE role on staff at APS will be considered at the conclusion of the contract period.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999