Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Donor Development
Thank you for your interest in careers at the PKD Foundation!
The PKD Foundation is the only organization in the U.S. solely dedicated to finding treatments and a cure for polycystic kidney disease (PKD) and to improving the lives of those it affects. Since 1982, we have proudly funded $50 million in PKD research and leveraged $1.5 billion in government funding, while serving our local communities across the country. We are inspired by our mission. And driven by our vision. Our vision is to #endPKD.
Under the supervision of and in consultation with the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Donor Development is responsible for the development and implementation of the foundation’s midlevel gift strategy. This position will secure gifts by cultivating, stewarding, and retaining a portfolio of midlevel donors ($1,000 to $5,000 annual giving range), while also identifying donors who can move to increased levels of giving.
- Nurture midlevel donors and manage the moves management process with a focus on retaining donors, upgrading gifts, and acquiring new donors.
- Create lasting relationships through remarkable donor experiences that scale via phone, videoconference, email, mail, and events (when applicable).
- Contribute to a robust pipeline of major donor prospects, including planned giving prospects, by identifying high-potential midlevel donors within the manager’s assigned portfolio and proactively working in consultation with gift officers to transfer donors to the major gift cultivation process.
- Collaborate with team members across the Advancement Department, plan and implement communications strategies, including mail and email campaigns, video cultivation events and other touches for cultivation, conversion and retention of midlevel donors, and to identify and upgrade annual fund donors to midlevel.
- Maintain best practices for donor stewardship with timely acknowledgement and follow-up.
- Ensure that all donor interactions are tracked accurately; collaborate with the Advancement Coordinator to ensure that that individual gifts are recorded accurately and acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop timelines, track metrics, and to ensure consistency in communications, messaging, and solicitations.
- Establish comprehensive testing, measurement, and reporting metrics. Monitor and analyze metrics to track the financial impact of specific midlevel donor program strategies, including the direct mail and email campaign.
- Establish pathways to receive regular feedback from donors and other stakeholders to address concerns and improve the donor experience.
- Managing the reporting and acknowledgment process for all car, truck and boat donations.
- Develop a thorough understanding of PKD (the disease) and the mission of the PKD Foundation and be prepared to fully convey with donors/prospects.
- Create and manage a PKD Foundation giving society.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the CAO.
- Minimum three years’ experience developing, driving, and managing successful strategies for donor recruitment, retention, and growth with a proven track record for achieving ambitious revenue targets.
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, and a deep passion for the mission, people, and values of the PKD Foundation.
- Strong analytic skills, and ability to apply strategic and creative thinking. “Why” and “how” are your favorite words.
- Demonstrated knowledge of direct response fundraising best practices with the right blend of high-touch cultivation tactics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and effective presentation skills leading to developing and maintaining positive relationships with a broad spectrum of donors/prospects.
- Ability to exercise judgement and appropriately handle confidential matters and information.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license; willingness and ability to travel for events, meetings, and donor visits (20-30 days annually).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce NPSP a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience), in addition to a benefits package including:
- Full medical benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with 9.5% employer contribution, no match required
- 11+ paid Holidays and 20 PTO days per year
- Casual work environment (currently virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please reference “Director of Donor Development” in the subject line.
For more information about the PKD Foundation, visit our website at pkdcure.org.
Minorities are encouraged to apply.
The PKD Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All employment decisions at the PKD Foundation are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We thank all respondents for their interest in the PKD Foundation.
Job Type: Full Time