Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Foundation and Donor Relations
The Director of Foundation and Donor Relations position is responsible for developing and maintaining diverse revenue streams through foundations, corporations, individual donors and government entities. This individual will assist the Resource Development Department in building relationships and seeking contributions, playing a role in ongoing stewardship and cultivation of relationships with funding representatives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- At least three (3) years of progressive, diverse experience in fund development, grant writing and fundraising is preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers and donors is preferred
Manage, organize and write funding proposals
- Research corporate and private foundations
- Create and write proposals, grants, and packages for prospective donors/funders, with guidance and assistance from Operations and Resource Development staff
- Strategize with Resource Development team to approach funding prospects
- Manage timelines for submission of proposals and grants
- Create templates for grants and proposals that can be used by RD staff to increase productivity and workflow
- Research backgrounds and interests of existing foundation supporters and new prospects
- Document and communicate directly regarding all solicitations (rejected or granted)
- Actively manage a portfolio of current individual donors and prospects
- Oversee donor cycle moves management connected with portfolio prospects
- Oversee the facilitation of Gift In-Kind process across organization
- Maintain inter-departmental communication regarding all aspects of needs, procurement, dissemination and documentation associated with Gift In-Kind process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Be innovative in problem solving
- Provide excellent customer service to all staff, donors and community members
- Have a commitment to the mission, vision, and guiding principles of the organization.
- Be ethical and detail oriented in all donor relations
- Be an effective team member
- Efficient in Microsoft Office and Raisers Edge
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Represent the organization in a positive manner to the community
- Demonstrate support for the approved strategies and vision established by
formalleadership of the organization
- Ability to be flexible within the administrative team and the organization overall to perform alternate roles as needed
Applicants should apply at www.helpkckids.org. No phone call or fax inquiries.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999