Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and waymakers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
United Way of Greater Kansas City seeks a Director of Philanthropy. Reporting to VP Philanthropy, the incumbent will be responsible for growing revenue by developing a pipeline for current and deferred gifts through outreach, solicitation and stewardship of individual donors.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Develop, cultivate and manage the strategy and execution of UWGKC’s portfolio of current and prospective leadership and mid-level donors.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts for UWGKC.
- Execute on assigned corporate campaigns to grow leadership and mid-level giving through Donor Networks.
- Provide exceptional donor stewardship.
- Conduct in-depth prospect research and data analyses of potential, new, and existing individual giving donors
- Develop and maintain regular contact with existing donors and how to leverage these relationships more broadly.
- Be knowledgeable about UWGKC’s work and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
- Build credibility and relationships with individuals throughout every level of the organization.
- Contribute to building a positive, results-oriented, donor-centric culture that delivers upon UWGKC’s mission driven strategic, operational and financial objectives.
- Prepare reports of progress with a high-level of clear communication and accountability.
- Regularly assess progress to goals, identifying what drives and impedes progress, work to develop solutions to address gaps.
- Maintain meticulous records of donor solicitation, engagement and next steps through communication notes and other input areas in CRM; ensure timely processing and prompt acknowledgement of donations secured.
- Manage to project deadlines as outlined.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be physically present in the office. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in philanthropic studies, public administration, business, public relations, communications, marketing or other related field or equivalent development experience.
- Demonstrated history of soliciting and securing major gifts ($10,000+) is preferred
- Excellent understanding of fundraising principles and proven experience in planning, organization, and execution of development goals.
- Ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWGKC team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills operating with a high degree of emotional intelligence and influence; reputation for sustaining long term donor relationships.
- Ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly.
- Proven experience and success in project management with a high degree of reliability, thoroughness, consistency, organization and accuracy is required.
- Proficient computer/CRM experience required.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive data.
- Catalyst: A change agent who actively convenes partnerships with others who offer diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives to drive community transformation and foster mission goals.
- Achievement: Driven to make a difference – actively sets challenging stretch goals – passionately and purposely aims to achieve them; demonstrating adaptability and perseverance.
- Responsive: Can be counted on to do what he or she says will be done. Models a consultative engagement approach in all interactions developing relationships both internally and externally, brings the “right” stakeholders into decisions and actions; and resolves conflicts respectfully.
- Excellence: Invests in continuously learning, generously shares knowledge and strives to do the right thing in all endeavors to positively reflect the UWGKC brand and mission.
- Solutions: Exhibits fierce resolve to understand root issues that impact achievement of results. Collaborates to devise creative, innovative solutions to optimize outcomes for those we serve.
United Way of Kansas City offers a competitive benefits package including full health and dental coverage; unlimited paid time off; 403(b) with company match; flexible office culture; employee development opportunities and a hybrid work environment.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time