Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Donor and Corporate Relations Manager
The Donor and Corporate Relations Manager plays a key role on Union Station’s Development team and will contribute to the department’s overall mission goals. This position is responsible for continuing the implementation and management of a comprehensive midlevel gift strategy for individual and corporate donors, a coordinated stewardship program for all individual donors, and the sales and fulfillment of corporate sponsorships.
- Management of the design, implementation, and growth of USKC’s individual and business giving circle programs.
- Responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing giving circle members, as well as identifying new prospects.
- Create lasting relationships through remarkable donor experiences via phone, videoconference, email, mail, events and in person visits (when applicable).
- Secure gifts at the $1,000 to $10,000 level, while contributing to a pipeline of major donor and planned giving prospects.
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including a donor database and wealth screening tools.
- Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for prospects in donor portfolio.
- Create and manage donor-related and fundraising events, including securing event sponsorships if necessary and managing all event logistics
- Design and implement two fundraising campaigns per year, including end of year campaign
- Collaborate with team members across the Development Department to plan and implement communications strategies, including mail, email, social and digital campaigns, cultivation events and conversion and retention of midlevel donors, and to identify and upgrade midlevel donors to major donors.
- Actively solicit corporate sponsorships for events. attractions and programming, creating sponsorship materials and soliciting prospective sponsors
- Manage and coordinate activities needed to support the delivery of sponsorship benefits
- Work with Director to determine a strategic plan to further engage and educate current donors and identifies prospects, creating a pipeline for midlevel and major gift giving.
- Design and maintain an annual organizational calendar of donor stewardship activities and strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned that may not be within the scope of this position.
- Understand Union Station’s programs, activities, operations, policies, and procedures to perform all duties and achieve goals and objectives.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited direction.
- Proven ability and willingness to interact with the public.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as listening skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Data Base Systems
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proven ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete donor initiatives in a strategic manner.
- Superior customer service skills with experience working directly with donors, corporate sponsors and volunteers.
- Ability to achieve financial and non-financial objectives and adherence to ethical standards.
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the routine to the highly creative and visible.
- Possess professional maturity, credibility, patience, good judgment, honesty, and integrity.
- Possess strong interpersonal skill and a warm and outgoing personality.
- Ability to lift event boxes, tables and chairs that can weigh 25-30 lbs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree – preferably in sales, marketing, public administration, or non-profit management
- Five years fundraising experience or ability to demonstrate how sales and marketing experience will transfer to non-profit fundraising
- Demonstrated track record for closing midlevel or major gifts (outright and/or planned)
- Experience in developing a systematic program that builds and sustains strong and lasting relationships with donors/sponsors
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management, planning, and working knowledge of Client Relationship Software (CRM)
- Ability to work evenings (after regular business hours) and weekends on occasion
- Experience with Donor Perfect and Donor Search
- Experience with program-based targeted campaigns
- Experience with End of Year Campaigns
- Familiarity with marketing and public relations strategies
- Familiarity with Kansas City’s philanthropic community
Union Station Kansas City is an at-will employer, committed to employing a drug-free and diverse work force.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Union Station Kansas City
Human Resources Department
30 West Pershing Road, Suite 400
Kansas City, MO 64108
Or email your letter and résumé to: email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999