Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Donor Relations Manager- Starlight
To apply for this position please visit: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/STARLIGHT.careers?ApplyToJob=503509388
Do you have a love for the arts? Would you like to be an active part of a beloved Kansas City tradition? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Starlight is seeking a passionate and business-savvy “Star” to join our Philanthropy team as Donor Relations Manager! This will be a full-time, salaried position (commensurate with experience) that will work year-round.
Starlight’s Philanthropy department drives a culture of philanthropy both internally and externally through a donor-centric approach based on authentic relationship building, meaningful acknowledgment and tangible impact. As a member of the Philanthropy team, this position will serve as a frontline fundraiser that supports several aspects of Starlight’s philanthropic efforts including but not limited to: donor cultivation and stewardship, event management, legacy giving, endowment giving, and other special campaigns and initiatives. Key elements of this position will include strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to balance various projects and duties simultaneously, effective advocacy for all of Starlight’s initiatives, and ethical and efficient gift acknowledgment and processing.
- Acquire and maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of Starlight’s mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Understand and communicate Starlight’s giving and engagement opportunities.
- Advocate for and professionally represent Starlight within the community.
- Commit to Starlight’s philanthropic values of showing meaningful acknowledgment, demonstrating tangible impact and fostering a sense of community purpose.
- Strong commitment to Starlight’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access Policy and initiatives.
- Collaborate with Philanthropy team members to develop annual donor cultivation, engagement and retention strategy.
- Cultivate relationships with donors by making timely acknowledgments and finding meaningful ways to further connect them to Starlight.
- Maintain portfolio of approximately 150 donors within the donor database, executing and recording plans to cultivate, solicit, acknowledge and regularly engage those donors.
- Support multi-million dollar capital campaign by sharing campaign goals with potential donors, assisting cabinet members with assigned prospect outreach, and securing campaign gifts.
- Implement and oversee Starlight’s individual giving program, ensuring donor benefits are delivered and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Serve as primary contact for any questions related to donor priority seating, and manage renewal outreach for donors seated in this section.
- Attend and communicate information for pre-show and intermission donor hospitality areas for Broadway shows, as well as other special donor events and receptions.
- Manage Starry Night at Starlight fundraising initiatives, including sponsorship solicitation, communication with All-Star fundraisers, Chair selection, and meeting facilitation.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department to develop creative assets for Starry Night at Starlight, including the creation of sponsorship levels and website copy, as well as content for on-stage event recognition.
- Manage Planned Giving Advisory Council by scheduling and facilitating meetings, recruiting council members, and setting council goals.
- Oversee legacy giving efforts, including meeting with prospective Legacy Society members, stewarding existing members, and recording all relationship movement and notes in the Starlight database.
- Serve as main point of contact for annual Legacy Society reception.
- Work alongside Director of Philanthropy to oversee and grow Starlight’s endowment funding.
PLEASE NOTE: The above listing of functions is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Donor Relations Manager will perform other duties as required to meet the evolving needs of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Competent in MS Office.
- Experience with the Tessitura database preferred.
- Clear ability to articulate passion for performing arts, civic assets and community engagement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and associated responsibilities simultaneously.
- Willingness to serve as a team player and take on special projects that support Starlight’s philanthropic efforts as capacity allows.
- Desire to seek, accept and implement feedback.
- Open to new ideas and able to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to think ahead and meet or beat deadlines.
- Self-starting and ambitious with an enthusiasm for innovation to increase efficiency and productivity.
Most work is desk-based utilizing computer, phone and other office equipment. Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends for events such as performances, company events and donor events. Must be flexible to changing priorities and new projects. Must have reliable transportation. Travel around the Greater Kansas City area may be required.
Starlight full-time employees receive a competitive total compensation package that begins the first of the month following date of hire. Starlight’s three-tier benefits package includes the following components:
Starlight Physical Wellness:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Starlight Emotional Wellness:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flex Time
- Employee Assistance Program
Starlight Financial Wellness:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Life Insurance
- Family and Medical Leave
- 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Starlight Perks & Discounts
Starlight is working toward embedding inclusion, diversity, equity and access within every aspect of our organization. We support an environment that values and respects the experiences and contributions of its employees, volunteers, partners and community members. We encourage and welcome applicants of groups that are historically underrepresented in the American theatre industry.
All persons working on behalf of Starlight Theatre are required to receive any of the FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccines and be fully vaccinated. Starlight will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals regarding medical or religious exemptions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Starlight Theatre Association of Kansas City, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999