Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Donor Specialist, Stewardship & Events
Do you feel like you want your work to be more meaningful, where you know each day you and your team are making a difference in the lives of others while positively impacting your community? Do you want to work for a non-profit organization committed to diversity and inclusion? You can in a career working for Kansas City Hospice, where each day you are working for something that matters to the hearts of those facing a terminal illness and comfort for the bereaved. Kansas City Hospice might just be the home you are looking for. Join our team who are making a difference, not just in healthcare, but right here in the heart of our community.
Kansas City Hospice is a non-profit organization that lives our mission every day – To bring expert care, peace of mind, comfort, guidance, and hope to people who are affected by life-limiting illness or by grief. Not all hospices are created equal. Come see why Kansas City Hospice is truly special.
Kansas City Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Donor Specialist for Stewardship and Events (DSSE) implements comprehensive stewardship and engagement initiatives which contribute directly to donor engagement, retention, and growth in giving. Responsible for ensuring an extraordinary donor experience, the DSSE writes and designs donor-specific communications including online/digital and print donor appeals,
informative updates and reports, case statements, social media posts, and email campaigns. This position works closely with Major Gifts team leads to prepare ask packages and major donor reports; and to engage and follow up with donors assigned to defined giving pathways. This position is responsible for event planning efforts including three annual fundraising events as well as stewardship and donor education events; and works closely with the Communications Team to coordinate event promotion and organizational messaging, particularly when it relates to storytelling efforts. The DSSE plays an integral role in the work of the Kansas City Hospice Development and Communications Team, building a culture of gratitude across the organization and ensuring donors and supporters feel appreciated, informed, and engaged.
- Leads the development and execution of donor stewardship strategies, managing donor segmentation and targeted communications efforts.
- Executes weekly and monthly gift stewardship processes including preparing gift acknowledgments, writing and designing insider communications (Boards, Major Donors, Partners in Care, Sustaining Angels, Grateful Families, Full Circle Society, affinity groups), sending new donor welcome series, and ensuring pledge reminders.
- Develops creative digital, online, and print communications for use in stewardship email campaigns and social media, ask collateral, targeted appeals, and stewardship pieces.
- Works closely with the Major Gifts team in the planning, organization, and execution of donor stewardship activities including caregiver recognition related to Grateful Families and donor recognition or memorial receptions.
- Assists Major Gifts team leads in the preparation of individual impact reports for major donors including businesses, community groups, funders, and individuals.
- Leads event-planning efforts for three primary fundraising events as well as donor appreciation and stewardship events. Leads the Sunday Night Live event planning committee and provides support to volunteer solicitors,including the sponsorship committee and in-event fundraising committee (solicitation of in-kind donations).
- Supports the Communications Team in the management and utilization of the KCH Story Bank including pursuing appropriate stories with subject interviews, capturing print-ready pictures and releases, and writing/managing the storytelling process.
- Works alongside the Donor Specialist for Analytics & Insight in the collection and reporting of stewardship and donor engagement metrics to help ensure data-driven decision-making.
- Manages special projects specific to stewardship and event initiatives as assigned by the Vice President of Development or the Director of Donor Relations.
- Prefer Masters degree or 7-10 years fundraising experience in a complex, data-driven organization, preferably healthcare.
- Requires proven experience working in Raiser’s Edge/NXT, InDesign, and Microsoft Excel. Must be comfortable learning and using new and changing software systems (including P2P software) as well as Word Press website management.
- Must be an analytical and strategic thinker, engaging writer, outstanding editor, detailed project manager and data-driven decision maker, with demonstrated graphic design experience.
- Requires expertise and deep understanding of the complexities of donor-specific communications.
Job Type: Full Time