Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Donor Stewardship Coordinator
KC CARE Health Center – the heart of community healthcare – offers quality, affordable, integrated health services to everyone in the community with the promise of dignity and personalized care; especially those without adequate health insurance. Headquartered in Midtown, KC CARE has four locations, and serves nearly 18,000 people annually.
The Marketing & Development team generates diverse, sustainable income streams for KC CARE through fundraising and marketing activities. The right candidate must possess exceptional administrative acumen, demonstrate well-rounded project management savvy and thrive in a performance-driven, fast-paced, good-humored team.
The Donor Stewardship Coordinator contributes vital daily administrative support to a busy development office. The primary focus of the role is to maintain timely and accurate correspondence with donors and community partners. Generating acknowledgment letters, editing database records, scheduling donor meetings and tracking event sponsor data are important functions. The position also involves offering input on strategic planning, team problem solving, and funding initiatives.
- Undergraduate college degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in direct administrative and team support role.
- Previous Raiser’s Edge experience preferred; database experience of some kind required.
- Coordinate and execute donor communication including gift acknowledgement, newsletters, and gift impact reports.
- Maintain and update donor contact, employment, and relationship information in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Collaborate with database management contractor to ensure data quality, accurate gift entry, and timely gift acknowledgements.
- Coordinate Chief Marketing & Development Officer’s calendar of community engagement events and meetings with donors and prospects.
- Provide end-to-end support of funding initiatives as needed.
- Assist Development team with donor prospect research.
- Participate in donor cultivation strategy development.
- Manage e-commerce systems and Blackbaud database
- Assist Events Manager in coordinating fundraising committees associated with special events.
- Coordinate Marketing & Development team meeting logistics including fundraising committees and the Board of Directors Marketing and Development committee. Tasks may include communicating with volunteers, maintaining rsvp lists, organizing meetings, creating agendas, and taking minutes.
- Draft, design and execute email campaigns.
- Support the mission and vision of KC CARE.
- Assist other staff members and departments when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail as well as record keeping acumen
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Experience managing calendars and coordinating meetings
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Ability to work independently, self-initiate projects, prioritize workload in an organized manner, and follow through with bringing assignments to conclusion in a timely manner
- Proven task management and organization skills
- Proven ability to multitask and quickly adjust to change
- Must be able to manage time effectively in order to complete tasks and meet ongoing deadlines
- Must be able to handle and keep sensitive information confidential
- Must be able to work flexible schedules supporting fundraising events, including occasional evenings and weekends
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Intermittent physical activity includes walking, standing, sitting, lifting of office supplies.
- Exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients in working environment.
- Will be expected to work evening and/or additional hours as needed.
Job Type: Full Time