Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Organization: Since 1984, Thrive Health Connection has provided exceptional care in the community to those affected by HIV/AIDS with the goal to educate, empower and enrich lives. A regional healthcare leader and influencer, Thrive Health offers holistic and integrated health and wellness services to individuals affected by HIV and other STIs, LGBTQ communities, and those seeking a welcoming and affirming health community. Thrive Health provides medical case management, mental health counseling, and prevention/ outreach/ testing; acceptance, hospitality, respect and inclusion are the values that define the organization. Thrive Health has some of the highest viral load suppression numbers in the Kansas City metro area, state of Missouri and the nation. Thrive Health offers an inclusive and dignified approach that puts the individual at the center of their care decisions. Thrive Health creates a culture of radical hospitality and meaningful inclusion in everything we do. Radical hospitality is the forging of lasting, authentic connections to each other, to our customers, and our community, and through meaningful inclusion, we accept our humanity, and relate to others free of pride, power and arrogance.
Title: Events Coordinator
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Primary Function: The Events Coordinator is responsible for the management and coordination of FLAVOR! fundraising events for Thrive Health Connection. The Events Coordinator develops sponsorships and relationships with businesses, individuals and organizations interested in supporting FLAVOR! events. The Events Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of the marketing plans for FLAVOR!.
Work Status: Full-time
- Plan, schedule and execute individual FLAVOR! events (including developing timelines and associated staff/ volunteer activities) in conjunction with the CEO and FLAVOR! Committee, ensuring all aspects of the events are delivered on time and in quality fashion.
- In coordination with the CEO, develop FLAVOR! events budget; continually monitor expenses to stay within budget.
- Develop and maintain FLAVOR! events calendar and FLAVOR! event tracking databases.
- Coordinate all aspects of FLAVOR! Committee planning.
- Coordinate FLAVOR! event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Submit and follow-up to ensure placement on media releases and stories to established contacts with local media regarding FLAVOR!.
- Production and oversight of all FLAVOR! event materials (letters, invitations, posters, flyers, etc.).
- Responsible for securing in-kind donations for FLAVOR! events.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development for FLAVOR!.
- Prepare and send thank you notes to all FLAVOR! hosts and attendees in a timely manner.
- Participate in post FLAVOR! event de-briefing.
- Work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the CEO, directed at attracting funding for Thrive Health Connection.
Education: Associate Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years of special events experience; nonprofit events preferred. Proven experience in successful event planning and significant expertise with the area’s funding community, along with corporations and businesses that can be tapped into for sponsorships, is required. Strong fundraising background critical for the success of this position.
- Be a dynamic Brand Ambassador for Thrive Health Connection.
- High energy and passion for Thrive Health Connection’s mission and vision.
- Excellent agility and able to quickly adapt or evolve in response to changing circumstances.
- Proficiency in meeting task deadlines/timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional discretion in all event interactions.
- Positive attitude and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Calm and poised in fast-paced environments.
- Flexible and adaptable style.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also an outstanding team player who will respectfully engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Thrive Health Connection.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Job Type: Full Time