Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Fund Development Associate
Are you seeking a position with an organization poised to make even a greater impact on Kansas City? If you are interested in ending homelessness in Kansas City for this generation and the next, then Community LINC is the place for you.
Who we are:
For over 35 years, Community LINC has been a game-changer in serving and housing the most vulnerable families in our community. As such, we have demonstrated innovation by creating new housing programs that increased our capacity to serve more families; strengthened our programming to ensure that we are ending homelessness for this generation and the next; and transformed our service delivery model to one that has a broader community focus. We attract talented professionals through competitive salaries, excellent benefits, generous PTO, and by fully embracing the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, we are now accepting applications for a Fund Development Associate.
Community LINC staff share a common competency framework which guides our approach to services, informs our practices, and creates our values of trust, integrity, transparency and mutual respect. Our goal is to drive communal change from homelessness to homefullness through innovation, creativity, strategic thinking, and flexibility. We are a team of like-minded fun loving individuals who truly believe that together we can create a home, a place, a community for everyone.
Who we are seeking:
The Fund Development Associate is a utility player on the Development Team at Community LINC. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: sponsorship research and solicitation to individuals and corporations, and planning, coordinating and execution of the annual agency events. Additionally, this position is responsible for marketing and communication tactics to include newsletters, researching, writing, editing and designing communications, and managing social media handles, web site updates, and assisting with grant writing underscoring the need for detail/oriented and project management skill sets.
- Event Management Support: (Approximate 50% time allocation)
- Provide leadership, in the planning and execution of high-quality events and functions.
- Research and secure new sponsorship opportunities and maintain past sponsors.
- Provide support for donor cultivation, stewardship, reporting and recognition.
- Collaborate with Development colleagues to maximize potential and meet event goals.
- Develop and/or maintain highly professional standards and procedures for production of events in keeping with the image and reputation of Community LINC.
- Prepare pre- and post-event calls, analysis, and assess opportunities creating a report making recommendations for improving service to constituencies.
- Assist with the design and structure of all event collateral
- In partnership with key staff, develop and/or ensure utilization and efficiency of standardized systems and technology to automate elements of event planning, tracking, and production. Act as the event liaison for any event contractors.
- Marketing and Communications Support:(Approximate 30% time allocation)
- Manage donor specific communications deadlines, distribution and execution which includes measurement of ROI on direct mail.
- Assure that Community LINC’s brand communicates the desired image and position; and consistent communication of image through the organization and to all constituencies.
- Mange Web Site Updates
- Create all eNews communications and Design 1-2 Print Newsletters yearly
- Manage Social Media Platforms
- Assist with print design for agency materials for CL Staff
- Manage agency copy edits
- Grant Writing and In-kind support: (Approximate 15% time allocation)
- Help research and identify and cultivate Corporate and Foundation and In-kind Funding Sources
- Assist with grant writing
- Research, identify, and solicit in-kind donors for agency needs and event needs.
4. Assist and support other areas of Community LINC functions as required. (Approximate 5% time allocation)
- Maintain sound financial practices, assist the Director of Development in the development of the annual event budget, and operate within budget guidelines.
- Help lead all Fund Development meetings and strategies.
- Attend allstaff and development staff meetings.
- Proficient in Design Software, Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Experience managing a special event with a proven track record of success.
- Experience in direct mail with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Training and/or experience in fund development in the KC philanthropic community.
- Enthusiasm for face-to-face and telephone fundraising, enjoy working with a team and be driven to motivate others, achieve goals and get results.
- Analytical and strategic skills; detail focused; demonstrated record of meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to work creatively and effectively with a wide variety of people and interest groups, and network successfully.
- Excellent oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively represent the organization when speaking with funders, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity with internal and external audiences.
- Exhibits the behavior that supports the mission, vision and values of Community LINC
- Must possess a strong commitment to working with in poverty.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999