Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Fund Development Coordinator AmeriCorps VISTA
Are you a great writer who loves telling a story you believe in? Want to build diverse skills in a fun, professional nonprofit setting? Need to decide what direction to take next, but still have college debt or education to pay for?
“YVC staff really appreciate us. They want us to succeed. I feel like I’ve learned more here than I would have three years at a different job.” – Sydney, AmeriCorps VISTA member at YVC
This full-time, 12-month AmeriCorps VISTA position could be right for you! Strong skills are needed, but experience isn’t required; training and resources will be provided. VISTA members receive professional development and experience, but opportunities for future employment aren’t guaranteed. Multiple positions are available at YVC, and candidates may apply for more than one position.
Youth Volunteer Corps (YVC) is headquartered in Kansas City, with service programs for young people ages 11-18 in the U.S. and Canada. We create volunteer opportunities to address community needs and to inspire youth for a lifetime commitment to service. Since 1987, YVC has engaged over 300,000 youth volunteers in more than 5 million hours of service to their communities – and we want more!
YVC seeks an organized, creative candidate to support its regional expansion through fundraising. The Fund Development Coordinator will secure funding for new and existing YVC programs and report to the Director of Development. Members work with a team of VISTAs and YVCHQ staff to move YVC’s mission forward. The ideal candidate is inspired to empower others, brings their unique strengths to every opportunity, and has a personal commitment to growth through service.
Location and Culture: The YVC office is in a beautifully restored historic home in the Quality Hill District of downtown Kansas City. Here you’ll find energy, enthusiasm, and loyalty to the idea that youth service can change the world. We believe any community with a youth willing to serve is one where YVC belongs, and the Fund Development Coordinator will help bring this dream to life in Kansas, Missouri, and beyond.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Regional and National Funding Development
- Research and pursue local and national funding opportunities including letters of support, grant applications, and proposals
- Seek corporate sponsorships, partnerships, and donations
- Develop and implement appeals for individual donors
- Provide project updates to funders
- Ensure proper acknowledgement and appreciation of funders
- Provide internal support for YVC fundraising efforts
- Contribute to required funder reports
- Support the YVC Alumni network
- Develop resources for the YVC network
- Support YVC’s aim to eradicate poverty through VISTA service
- Be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident
- Pass all background checks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience considered
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
YVC needs someone with:
- The ability to write compelling, persuasive content
- Strong research and editing skills
- A sense of urgency that drives organization, prioritization, and reliability
- The ability to think creatively and strategically to solve problems
- Curiosity and courage
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Compensation:
- A living allowance of $479.08 is provided every two weeks.
- Upon completion of 12-month term, CNCS provides a $6,095 Education Award for college loans or future education expenses. Those with no loans or plans for future education may elect to receive a smaller cash stipend of $1,800, in lieu of the Education Award.
AmeriCorps VISTA Member Benefits:
- $200 housing reimbursement at the end of each month
- Up to $150 mileage reimbursement for members commuting 30+ miles one way to YVCHQ at the end of each month
- 10 vacation days and 10 sick days
- Professional development opportunities
- Relocation or settling-in allowance (if moving 50+ miles for service)
- Federal student loan forbearance and deferment
- Healthcare, childcare, and other benefits available
Please send your resume and cover letter to Chelan David at email@example.com. Please highlight specific experience and explain why this position is one you desire.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until candidates are placed.
VISTA members begin on predetermined orientation dates and will be hired approximately 3 weeks prior to their start date. Upcoming orientation dates are: October 28, November 12, December 9, 2019
Job Type: Full Time,Temporary