Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Grants Manager (part-time)
Growing Futures is currently hiring a part-time Grants Manager to join our team! If you are passionate about nurturing children and strengthening families to enrich our community, we would love to talk to you!
We offer Early Head Start, Head Start, and Community Child Care options for children 0-5 and their families. We provide much more than early childhood education. We focus on the whole family - providing services for health, nutrition, social services, mental health, and opportunities for parent education and involvement.
The grants manager plans, directs, and coordinates grants management working closely with development, finance, and program staff. This position will be responsible for data management in relation to funding awards, grants administration, and reporting.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and writes foundation, corporate, government, and federal campaign grant proposals. This includes researching funding sources and information to support the application, coordinating relevant program information from program staff and creating persuasive and cohesive grant applications in accordance with grant-making organizations’ preferences and guidelines to maximize the potential of the grant award.
- Maintains a calendar that contains deadlines for all grant submissions and reporting deadlines.
- Manages and tracks grant spending and monitors temp-restricted funds, in collaboration with finance.
- Cultivate relationships with grant programs to ensure compliance with all grant requirements.
- Communicate with relevant program staff to keep them aware of current grant requirements.
- Research new grant prospects in collaboration with the development director.
- Competitive Salary
- PTO Plan
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Professional Development
What do we look for?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, human services or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in grants management and working for a federally funded program.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully with the public and to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Technical computer skills necessary to do the job well, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Ability to work as a cooperative and supportive team member.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Job Type: Part Time