Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
High Aspirations, Inc. Development Manager
About High Aspirations, Inc:
Founded in 2004, High Aspirations serves the social, emotional, academic and spiritual needs of African American males ages 8 to 18. High Aspirations stresses respect for self and others, family and community responsibility, academics and places these young men on a path toward becoming productive members of society, loving husbands, and dutiful fathers. Our mentors set the example and guide our young men on their life’s journey.
Job Description Summary:
The High Aspirations, In. (HA) Development Manager is responsible for securing new sponsors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships; and growing resources for the HA team. The Development Manager must be organized and have the capabilities in preparing formal documents/presentations and presenting to the HA Executive Director and the board. The Development Manager must be a self-starter, have the ability to develop and implement structure. In addition, the Development Manager must be able to demonstrate the ability to be forward-thinking, recommend innovative solutions in order to achieve the strategic goals for development.
Hiring Salary Range:
Hiring Range Salary based: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00
Development Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer responsibilities include:
- Develop a feasibility plan/study for High Aspirations, Inc.
- Develop, implement and evaluate annual fundraising plans, including direct mail, email, social media, annual event sponsorships, monthly giving, tribute giving, matching gifts and face to face fundraising. Build integrated annual campaigns.
- Assist with strategy and sponsor solicitation for the annual Mentors Challenge and other fundraising and awareness building events.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects and donors, managing an annual and mid-level and major giving portfolio and documenting contacts and call reports in Salesforce database.
- Assist in elevating the presence and reputation of the High Aspirations Foundation, including developing awareness building fundraising campaigns.
- Monitor and develop strategies to increase the annual acquisition, retention and net growth in both dollars raised and number of donors.
- Write grant/ put together proposals
- Demonstrated success in a development role focused on donor-centric communication, direct appeals, monthly giving and mid-level individual giving, including portfolio and moves management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent educational experience; CFRE certification a plus.
- An understanding of the principles of fundraising, current issues, and research-based practices in fundraising.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with emphasis on building relationships and asking for gifts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to set, attain and surpass goals, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of using donor databases (Salesforce preferred).
- 3 + years of experience in fundraising.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of information, records and materials.
- Ability to skillfully ask questions and use other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with donors.
- Ability to raise 1 million annually.
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and social networking, including ability to utilize technology for research.
- Fundraising work samples, ask letter or grant applications worked on in the past, cover letter, references and resume.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999