Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Major Gifts Director
OMNI is honored to be retained by the Women’s Foundation in their search for a Major Gifts Director. This newly created role will be responsible for developing and increasing private support as the organization embarks on a new strategic plan which calls to dramatically expand the organization’s impact. The Women’s Foundation advances all women’s economic and civic leadership to make meaningful change.
Since 1991, Women’s Foundation has addressed issues affecting the economic well-being of women and their families throughout the region. Economically self-sufficient and civically engaged women will lead the nation’s next chapter of economic growth. By investing in the success of women, we invest in a stronger economy.
The Major Gifts Director will report to the Chief Development Officer. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer and President & CEO on major and planned gift prospect/donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Work to develop annual donors and prospects into major and planned giving donors.
- Collaborate with contracted grant writer to develop quality proposals in response to major donor prospect meetings.
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors in other regions and states as programs scale.
- Assist with comprehensive campaign volunteer leadership support.
- Utilize database management to document major and planned gift donor contacts and call reports in Salesforce database.
- Assist in elevating the presence and reputation of the Women’s Foundation.
- Assist with strategy and sponsor solicitation ($5,000 or more level) for the annual We Work for Change event, Men’s Breakfast, Inner Circle and other fundraising and awareness building campaigns.
- May support similar solicitation efforts for a new 501(c)(4) entity, as appropriate.
- Demonstrated history of soliciting and securing major gifts ($10,000+) is preferred and should include success strategizing on donor engagement and experience with direct ask and face to face engagement with prospects and donors.
- Excellent understanding of fundraising principles and research-based fundraising practices; proven experience in planning, organization, and execution of development goals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, demonstrated intellectual curiosity, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities.
- Must be a self-starter, have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the WF team.
- Be an active listener – seek to understand the spoken and unspoken needs of others, both colleagues as well as donors and prospects; includes and engages others; is an effective facilitator between the organization and the donor; knows when to bring others into donor conversations and decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFRE certification a plus. Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed leadership style.
- Knowledge of using donor databases (Salesforce preferred).
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of information, records and materials.
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and social networking, including ability to utilize technology for research.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time