Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager, Development Events
The Manager, Development Events position is an integral part of the overall development function of The J. Reporting directly to the Director of Philanthropy, this full time position also works closely with the CEO on development activities.
A key responsibility is to oversee many aspects of The J’s annual fundraiser - KC SuperStar - in coordination with the event’s producer. This includes managing details related to auditions, semifinals, and finals to ensure a successful fundraiser and great experience for the donors and participants. Additionally, this position is responsible for general donor acknowledgement and correspondence, helping to plan and implement donor recognition events and make solicitation and thank you calls as needed.
- Work cooperatively with KC SuperStar producer to coordinate KC SuperStar auditions, semifinals and finals to ensure robust participation, an excellent audience experience and that financial goals are met.
- Organize monthly KC Superstar Committee meetings, disseminate meeting minutes, work with committee on volunteer opportunities.
- Works cooperatively with KC SuperStar producer and in-house marketing team to coordinate all marketing related to annual fundraiser and donor recognition events including eblasts, social media, playbill, banners, posters, website updates, all print collateral and with outside public relations consultant on press releases, print and televised press opportunities.
- Track donations and pledges in various software systems to ensure proper accounting and communications (acknowledgements, billings, and solicitation letters) are being sent in a timely manner.
- Develop relationships with major donors and Legacy Society members and be creative in providing excellent personalized customer service.
- Make solicitation calls as needed.
- Responsible for managing projects, including KC Superstar, within budgetary guidelines and to submit all related expenses for payment.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Retirement plan contribution and match
- Free Family membership including fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools
- Discounts on preschool, after school care, summer camp and more
- Experience working in nonprofit fundraising/donor relations is preferred
- Experience in event planning/management is preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience using data bases, especially those used for donor management
- Exemplary customer service/interpersonal relationship management skills
- Able to think and adjust in stressful situations and solve problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detailed-oriented
- Able to work evenings and weekends as necessary for committee meetings and for events
- Job is located at The J in Overland Park, Kansas (not remote or hybrid)
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999