Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager of Leadership Giving
The Kansas City Symphony seeks an experienced philanthropy professional to join its thriving team. The Kansas City Symphony is one of America’s most innovative, yet financially stable, major orchestras. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits, along with the opportunity to experience and contribute to exciting programming and a vibrant cultural scene.
The Manager of Leadership Giving is responsible for nurturing relationships with donors currently giving, or with the potential to give, $5,000 or more. The Manager oversees the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of these donors, incorporating major gift and deferred (planned) giving strategies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Setting and meeting goals for annual fund donors with capacity to give $5,000 or more;
- Overseeing stewardship for annual fund donors of $5,000 or more and donors of deferred gifts;
- Assisting in the administration of the planned giving program;
- Assisting staff and Board with the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts and deferred gifts in support of special projects and the endowment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Qualify and maintain a portfolio of 150 annual fund donors (primarily at $5,000+), building personal relationships and leveraging planned giving techniques to upgrade donors to higher levels of support over time. Use the database to document all moves;
- Meet agreed-upon fundraising and donor contact goals, using sound judgment in developing personalized solicitation proposals.
- Assist in portfolio management for the Executive Director, the Vice President of Philanthropy, and the Director of Individual Philanthropy.
- Track overall progress toward annual budget and forecast goals in the top individual giving categories;
- Oversee the sponsorship program for donors of $5,000 or more;
- Collaborate with the Box Office team to enhance major donor relationships through VIP ticketing services;
- Assist in administering the annual planned giving program, set goals for new documented deferred gifts and new qualified prospects, develop strategies and track all progress toward goals, and create marketing and stewardship materials;
- Assist in the creation of fundraising policies, procedures, budgets, and the annual fundraising plan;
- Assist other members of the philanthropy staff with events;
- Attend selected concerts and special events on evenings and weekends;
- Manage the donor hospitality suite at Symphony concerts as scheduled, using sound judgment in managing volunteers, making decisions with Kauffman Center and catering staff, and handling donor needs in real time;
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, plus three or more years in nonprofit fundraising. Direct experience in solicitation of major gifts and a working knowledge of planned giving techniques and best practices required. Familiarity with and/or interest in symphonic music is preferred, but not required. Excellent interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills, and attention to detail. Must be a highly motivated, creative problem solver with a commitment to achieving goals. Experience with a donor or customer relationship management system is required. Experience with Tessitura a plus.
·Supervisory Relationships: This position reports to the Director of Individual Philanthropy and has no direct reports.
·Exempt: This is a full-time, exempt position.
·Language Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to operate a computer for prolonged periods. Some lifting required.
- Schedule: In addition to regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.), some weekend and evening work is required.
- Vaccination: Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required
- Salary and Benefits: Salary range is $65,000 - $75,000, depending on experience. The Kansas City Symphony offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 403(b) plan with employer matching; and ample vacation and holiday time. Relocation expense reimbursement may also be available.
Please email a resume and cover letter as PDFs to Karen Casebolt, Director of Individual Philanthropy, at email@example.com. Include “Manager of Leadership Giving” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Receipt of all applications will be promptly acknowledged.
The Kansas City Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999