Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager, Workplace Giving
OMNI Human Resource Management has been retained by United Way of Greater Kansas City in their search for a Manager, Workplace Giving. UWGKC unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Their focus is to provide or allocate social services focused on health, education and financial stability.
The primary responsibility is for the execution of comprehensive corporate relationship management strategies and donor retention within the Workplace Giving Teams’ portfolio. This Manager ensures the delivery of a year-round engaging experience for all Corporate Partners within an assigned portfolio. This position reports to the Director, Workplace Giving.
Corporate Account Management:
- Execute defined strategies to increase annual revenue, attract and retain donors and promote year-round engagement within assigned portfolio.
- Build relationships across functions and levels within companies including but not limited to executives, management, foundation, human resources, marketing and communications.
- Implement strategies to develop relationships, strategies may include sharing data, creating customized campaign activities, personalizing the relationship, etc.
- Increase participation and average giving by building a network of UWGKC ambassadors within corporate partner relationships.
- Develop growth and strategic plans for portfolio of accounts.
- Stay apprised of trends or issues in relevant industries that affect business climate or culture, and economic environment which could impact fund development.
- Give presentations to corporate partners demonstrating UWGKC impact in the community.
- In partnership with Individual Giving staff, collaborate on design and execution of cultivation plans for Leadership and Tocqueville Society donors that will result in retention and growth in giving.
- Partner with the Donor Engagement Team to connect company representatives and individuals with tours, impact opportunities and other volunteer projects.
- In collaboration with the Marketing, advocate for UWGKC’s work through effective and compelling communication to advance engagement and brand value.
- Prepare regular reports to assess progress of campaigns, develop process improvement recommendations.
- Maintain accurate and detailed donor and account information in appropriate databases.
- Regularly assess progress to goals, identifying what drives and impedes progress, work to develop solutions to address gaps.
- Contribute to building a positive, results-oriented, donor-centric culture that delivers upon UWGKC’s mission-driven strategic, operational and financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required in philanthropic studies, public administration, business, public relations, communications, marketing or other related field.
- At least three years of experience in fundraising, sales or related field required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, demonstrated intellectual curiosity, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability.
- Demonstrated leadership in relationship building and management, both inside and outside UWGKC is critical. The ability to think strategically and create commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWGKC’s focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWGKC team.
- Proficient computer/CRM experience required.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive data.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time