Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Membership Manager plays a key role on a growing Development team and will contribute to the department’s overall revenue goals. The Membership Manager is responsible for identifying, cultivating and managing the organization’s individual membership programs, including the creation of a Premium Membership Program and Year-End Annual Fund Campaign. The Membership Manager is directly responsible for managing the recruitment, acknowledgement, fulfillment of benefits, renewal, and stewardship of USKC members to higher levels of support. Working in cooperation with other departments, the Membership Manager oversees a variety of membership projects including members’ events and online eblasts, on-site membership sales, direct mail campaigns, plus digital correspondence and website presence as it relates to communicating and cultivating members.
- Maintain regular member outreach.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and recruitment and cultivation of new members, including the creation of new member benefits and regular solicitation of member feedback.
- Curate USKC’s virtual resources for members.
- Manage USKC’s evaluation programs with a focus on member service excellence and satisfaction and ongoing program and service evaluations.
- Develop strategies to increase membership and financial support for USKC’s Membership Program in order to achieve annual revenue goals.
- Establish a resource development program based on the systematic cultivation and upgrading of membership donors.
- Establish and maintain a positive image on behalf of the organization and steward personal relationships with members and donors.
- Working within the organization’s CRM system, develop strategies through relevant data analytics; track revenue, forecast for future projections and extract data to inform membership decisions.
- With USKC leadership team, develop a year-end annual fund campaign to solicit members and annual fund donors.
- Work with USKC leadership team to determine a strategic plan to create and launch a new Premium Membership offering.
- Prepare member donation acknowledgement letters and other correspondences.
- Identify and analyze needs for changing the department’s plans or budgets by consistently monitoring relevant budgets/timetables, prioritizing and adjusting as necessary, and informing as appropriate.
- Acknowledge Member donors through appropriate public and private recognitionTrack and report progress using specific metrics
- Work with development and marketing to conceive, plan and manage multi-channel strategies for the cultivation, acquisition and renewal of local members with attention on upgrade and stewardship of members and donors.
- Help set annual goals and identify opportunities and strategies to increase base of support.
- Manage multi-channel direct marketing campaign, including, integrating printed mailings with emails, renewals and webpage content as applies to the membership program.
- Coordinate upgrade strategies and cultivation approaches with the development team to identify potential members for annual and leadership gift solicitation.
- Oversee membership printed and electronic communications and ensure timely production and mailing.
- Draft and/or edit content for quarterly e-news blast and other member ecommunications.
- Ensure brochures, cards, and other core membership materials etc. are updated and printed in a timely fashion.
- Work with Visitor Services to ensure effective on-site membership sales, including staff training, sales incentives, membership materials and special promotions to encourage nonmember prospects to join.
- Coordinate and manage membership events and engagements.
- Work closely with Marketing and Members Services teams to coordinate timely processing and fulfillment of new memberships and donations through direct mail.
- Working with Member Services team, respond to member inquiries and ensure responses are timely and efficient.
- Provide excellent customer service to the membership base and general public via telephone, email, mail and in person.
- Serve as a lead department staff person for CRM data management and implementation of database best practices, with membership as a priority area of focus.
- Run CRM reports and track membership revenue and count on a monthly basis, as well as other reports needed.
- Oversee record management and data integrity.
- Act as a skills resource to other areas of the department, providing assistance and basic training as needed.
- Participate in donor cultivation events and assist with departmental events and activities as assigned.
- Sustain a team-oriented, supportive environment that maintains high standards and encourages creativity, collaboration, and professional growth.
- Play active role as part of the larger USKC team to strategize new ways to fulfill the orgnization’s mission and strategic goals, increase revenue, engage existing and new audiences, and raise visibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned that may not be within the scope of this position.
- Understand Union Station’s programs, activities, operations, policies and procedures to perform all duties and achieve goals and objectives.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Possess a process efficiency approach to drive improved data capture and database management for overall development objectives.
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited direction.
- Proven ability and willingness to interact with the public.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, as well as listening skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- A team player who welcomes collaborative decision making.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to motivate and persuade others in a similar vein.
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of fundraising activities ranging from the routine to the highly creative and visible.
- Possess professional maturity, credibility, patience, good judgment, honesty, and integrity.
- Possess strong interpersonal skill and a warm and outgoing personality.
- Ability to lift event boxes, tables and chairs that can weigh 25-30 lbs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years working with membership and/or donors or client relationship building.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles and practices.
- Previous experience recruiting, organizing and managing employees and volunteers.
- Excellent time management, highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and working knowledge of Client Relationship software (CRM).
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service and to lead and balance work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Program planning, implementation and evaluation experience preferred.Excellent written and oral communication skills, and positive, can-do attitude.
Union Station Kansas City is committed to employing a drug-free and diverse work force.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Union Station Kansas City
Human Resources Department
30 W. Pershing Road
Kansas City, MO 64108-2422
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full Time