Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Ministry Engagement Director
Posted 02/07/19Seeking Leaders to Take the Gospel to Women Worldwide
Do you have a heart to share the Gospel? Are you burdened to help women start a relationship with the God of the Universe through His Son Jesus Christ? Are you the kind of person who likes to grow a movement?
Are you looking for us? We are looking for you!
We are looking for people who will grow with us, those with a passion for the Gospel and an insightful knowledge how to reach their nonbelieving peers — through social media, small groups, in one-on-one situations — whatever it takes.
Begin today. Get to know us at our website, www.stonecroft.org There you will find job listings and additional information.
NEW Engagement Position April 1, 2019
- Competitive annual salary
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match
- Generous paid time off Dedicated and passionate staff
Stonecroft Ministries Job Description
Ministry Engagement Director
Brief Description of Position: This is a full-time position responsible for implementing donor development strategies to attain the annual fundraising plan goals.
Job Title: Ministry Engagement Director
Department: Stewardship Reports To: President / CEO
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Position Summary: Reporting to the President / Chief Executive Officer, the Ministry Engagement Director will serve a portfolio of approximately 125 major and rising donors in the U.S. The position will be responsible for donor cultivation, lift and retention, and will ensure that donors are invited to participate and engage in the community and work of Stonecroft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Lead ministry-wide donor engagement program for mid-level, major gift likely and legacy gift likely donors.
- Achieve individual fundraising activity metrics and SMART Goals that contribute to Stonecroft’s annual fundraising goals of approximately $400K+ (2:1 ratio in FY2020) and $600K+ (3:1 ratio in FY2021).
- Manage relationships with approximately 125 potential major donors (gift size target $5,000+) and approximately 700 mid-level donors (gift size target $1,000+):
- Mobilize and train staff and board to join in advancing donor partnerships
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships through planning and moves management
- Steward and acknowledge gifts, ensuring donors are thanked within pre-set timeframes, feel appreciated and understand the significance of their partnership. Speak into creative ways to thank donors
- Report on, establish a baseline for, and meet/exceed industry-benchmarked Key Performance Indicator activity levels for monthly visits, calls, communications, asks, etc.
- Adhere to established procedures for tracking calls, visits, asks, notes, and donor communication toward developing, retaining, and lifting donors, ensuring that records, actions and notes for each contact are recorded in the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database and maintained accurately and continuously entered, and all financial and administrative reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws. Maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with code of ethical principles and standards.
- Represent Stonecroft Ministries at internal and external events including tests to improve fundraising results by speaking at and messaging for presentations at Friends of Stonecroft and Fall Fundraisers (Messaging owner: Program.) Test effectiveness (for driving KPIs) of speaking at internal and/or external speaking in top-10 cities where Stonecroft donors reside.
- In collaboration with Stewardship Manager and Marketing Communications Director, develop a year-long calendar of relational touches. Determine how and when staff, board and volunteers will call, visit and write potential and current donors. (Project “owner:” Stewardship)
- In partnership with Marketing Communications, speak into the vision and messaging for a 5-year campaign to invite 1,000,000 women into Jesus’ embrace and related tools such as personalizable proposal templates. Suggest and review messaging, based on what resonates with donors. (Project “owner:” Marketing)
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures stated in the Stonecroft Ministries Handbook. High energy and passion for Stonecroft’s mission is essential.
- A personal and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ which is communicated through word and actions. Understanding of the biblical call to a generous life and the ministry of fundraising.
- Highly energetic and relational professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five- and six-figure range.
- Experience managing and leveraging regional events for donor cultivation.
- Experience in facilitating donor engagement with ministry executives as a cultivation tool.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards; demonstrates empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflects optimistic and positive attitude and conveys sensitivity to needs of donors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Five years professional experience in nonprofit organizations with demonstrated success in a development role (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Ability to implement the annual strategic development plan.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player; productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority and within diverse cultures within and outside Stonecroft.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other modules.
- Ability to use donor management database systems, including Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable style; someone who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, small and large group.
- Frequently operates a computer, tablet, and other electronic devices.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with people face-to-face, by phone and through e-mail – individually and in groups.
- Must be able to travel by car, airplane, and other modes of transportation up to 30 percent of work hours.
Job Type (optional):