Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Multichannel Digital Campaign Coordinator, Annual Giving
Multichannel Digital Campaign Coordinator, Annual Giving
Department: Annual Giving
Reports to: Assistant Director, Annual Giving
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Who we are and what we’re about:
KU Endowment is an independent, nonprofit organization and the official fundraising foundation for the University of Kansas. We partner with donors in providing philanthropic support to build a greater KU.
As an employee of KU Endowment, you’ll witness firsthand the power of our donors’ generosity. You will join a talented and fun group of people who are inspired to help KU through the support of loyal alumni and friends. This support fuels excellence, enabling students and faculty to develop innovative programs and research that distinguish the university. We connect the philanthropic passions of donors with the needs of students, faculty and programs – and everyone benefits.
People are engaged. Purpose is ignited. Lives are changed.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
At KU Endowment, we recognize that we best achieve our mission of building a greater University of Kansas by embracing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We are committed to cultivating a people-centered environment that is welcoming to the spectrum of differences among us in an atmosphere of respect and fairness. Accordingly, our staff, Board of Trustees, volunteers and donors will work together to create a more representative, equitable and inclusive KU Endowment.
What we are looking for:
The Multichannel Digital Campaign Coordinator will collaborate with key stakeholders to produce timely, high quality, cost-effective multichannel and digital campaigns that provide a consistent, positive public image for KU Endowment and the Department of Annual Giving. This includes leading the digital crowdfunding program, LaunchKU, KU’s 24-hour giving day, One Day. One KU., and other digital initiatives.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
*Note: This position will be filled at the Multichannel Digital Campaign Coordinator or Senior Multichannel Digital Campaign Coordinator level, commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
What’s a typical day look like?
- Works collaboratively with KU Endowment’s Digital Media Strategist and other cross-functional team members in Communications and Donor Relations to build effective LaunchKU digital crowdfunding campaigns and other digital engagement initiatives.
- Strategizes and collaborates with internal and external partners to develop a customized approach for each campaign that meets the objective of both funding and engagement initiatives.
- Provide consultative direction on digital communication and outreach in conjunction with our multichannel campaigns by workings closely with cross-functional team members to produce content and develop strategies which leverage digital components.
- Tracks outcomes and project performance through analysis and reporting to identify trends and inform decision making.
- Maintains operating plans and best practices as well as establishes benchmarks for the LaunchKU program.
- Maintains campaign/project plans through the Annual Giving project management system.
- Researches and identifies crowdfunding and digital fundraising trends and opportunities for growth and expansion. Serves as a liaison with our digital software vendor.
- Works closely with KU Endowment’s Information Systems team, Gift Processing Staff and Accounting Department to ensure consistent, reliable, and accurate data and donor records to preserve its integrity across all initiatives.
- Serves as an essential member of KU’s 24-hour giving day, One Day. One KU. team by building strategies and tactics for engagement and outreach.
- Participates in comprehensive strategic planning for Annual Giving department and align individual campaign tactics with the strategic plan.
- Oversees other multichannel digital projects, such as Class Legacy Walk.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience demonstrating the equivalent skills and duties.
- Strong writing background required (submission of promotional material and writing sample encouraged).
- Two or more years of diversified office and customer service experience with a preference in higher education.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel software required.
- Prior experience with crowdfunding, high volume mailing and e-mailing practices and social media preferred.
- Command of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic mathematics.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others, both inside and outside our organization.
- Skills in writing, editing, proofreading, and researching are necessary.
- Attention to detail and the ability to circumvent foreseeable problems are a must.
- Ability to take initiative, make decisions, manage several projects concurrently, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of development and promotional writing and editing, e-mail solicitations, crowdfunding, production, printing technology, desktop publishing, direct mail, fund-raising strategies and philosophy, data processing and word processing.
- Valid motor vehicle license
- Ability to:
- Operate office equipment
- Travel locally
- Lift up to 20 pounds
KU Endowment offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) matching program
- Pension plan
- Section 125 flexible benefits
- Generous paid leave including holidays, personal and sick leave
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Legal & ID Theft protection
- Critical Illness
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity insurance
- KU education assistance
- Free parking
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position on our website at https://www.kuendowment.org/careers
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable.
Job Type: Full Time