Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Outreach Assistant supports The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) signature school fundraising campaign, Pennies for Patients. Responsible for several aspects of Pennies for Patients including school recruitment and management, in-person visits, speaking at assemblies, event wrap-up, and other administrative duties as assigned.
We are hiring for 4 positions. 2 positions are 30-35 hours a week from August to May. The other 2 positions are 20 hours a week from August to December and will focused on recruiting schools for the campaign via phone calls.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and network with schools and coordinators in assigned counties to promote the Pennies for Patients campaign and drive fundraising success. Recruitment of schools will be conducted in-person 3-4 days a week during recruitment season (August – January).
- Manage and coach schools to achieve fundraising goals through planning, customer service and stewardship.
- Metrics are set and must be met for number of commitments to Pennies for Patients program as well as number of strategy meetings and assemblies scheduled with registered schools.
- Draft concise, effective and personable communications to volunteers, participants, and donors.
- Provide administrative assistance to campaign(s) through email, phone & website account management and database.
- Perform other functions and activities as directed by the manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned territory.
- 1-2 years’ professional or intern – level experience in a fundraising, communications, sales, marketing or related field.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) required.
- Experience in cold calling and sales outreach a plus.
- Experience with database management a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness.
- Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members.
- Required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment; mileage will be reimbursed. Travel in assigned territory.
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Able to work flexible hours to meet with schools during and outside school hours
- Familiarity with territory strongly encouraged.
To apply please send a cover letter stating your interest in the position, salary requirements, days/times available and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999