Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Philanthropy Associate supports the Symphony’s Vice President of Philanthropy and the Philanthropy Department with office and scheduling assistance, volunteer supervision, gift processing, event support, and other activities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Office and Scheduling Assistance:
- Assist the Vice President of Philanthropy with appointment scheduling, mailings, and other communications
- Assist with donor mailings
- Assist with donor benefit fulfillment duties
- Perform other office duties as assigned, such as filing, copying, organizing, etc.
- Assist the Vice President of Philanthropy with coordinating Auxiliary volunteers and activities, including monthly Auxiliary Council meetings
- Recruit and supervise volunteers for other Philanthropy department activities, including the concert hospitality suite, fundraising events, office projects, etc.
- Assist the Vice President in recruiting and managing interns
Data Entry and Processing:
- Process Auxiliary event donations as assigned, including gift entry, acknowledgement generation, and mailing
- Monitor and update various donor constituencies
- Perform other data processing duties as assigned
- Assist with event mailings
- Maintain accurate lists of responses to invitations with follow up as required
- Help staff events onsite or at other locations, as needed
- Education and/or experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of two years’ experience in office setting, including experience in data entry. Volunteer management experience also preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, and Excel) preferred. Strong interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills desired.
- Language Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Physical Demands: Position requires the ability to sit at a desk and operate a computer for prolonged periods. Some lifting required. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Vaccination: Covid-19 vaccination is required.
Salary range: $34,000 - $36,000
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Kansas City Symphony offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 403(b) plan with employer matching; and ample vacation and holiday time.
The Kansas City Symphony is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send letters of interest and resumes to:
Vice President of Philanthropy
Kansas City Symphony
1644 Wyandotte St
Kansas City MO 64108
No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999